2x 8800gts

MorganO

so i got these two cards, what can i do with them?

18945032_1875845799322695_1944692756_n.jpg?oh=21660f727d3b7e91c5be4bc5a47a4d77&oe=593912EA

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

Run them in a old school SLi config (assuming same VRAM size) and OC them as far as possible. 

That EVGA card looks nuts. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Prop a door open? Weigh down some papers.

im presuming they still work

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

sell them? put them on your wall? use for a super budget gameing machine?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Run them in a old school SLi config (assuming same VRAM size) and OC them as far as possible. 

That EVGA card looks nuts. 

uh idk, im assuming they work, 

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

uh idk, im assuming they work, 

well try them. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

im presuming they still work

My point still stands even though it was sarcastic they are 10 years old and won't be able run anything but the oldest of games. Waste of electricity imo. Use them as decorations or sell them to a collector who knows?

well try them. 

but im mining rn :P

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

My point still stands even though it was sarcastic they are 10 years old and won't be able run anything but the oldest of games. Waste of electricity imo. Use them as decorations or sell them to a collector who knows?

They can only be used for benching now. Or OC'd for fun. Kinda like any GTX 400 series card. You only run one because it's fun to do so. I plan on picking up a few GTX 480s for kicks. 

2 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

but im mining rn :P

money making, nice. 

They can only be used for benching now. Or OC'd for fun. Kinda like any GTX 400 series card. You only run one because it's fun to do so. I plan on picking up a few GTX 480s for kicks. 

money making, nice. 

i think im gonna sell them to a mate for £25

16 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

i think im gonna sell them to a mate for £25

pls bench before sell. for fun. 

7 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

pls bench before sell. for fun. 

soo, i put the silver card in , it doesnt show image and mobo qcode shows 54 and according to the manual its pcie enumeration (idk what this is) fans turn on

evga one error code 0d which is unnasigned 

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

soo, i put the silver card in , it doesnt show image and mobo qcode shows 54 and according to the manual its pcie enumeration (idk what this is) fans turn on

evga one error code 0d which is unnasigned 

looks promising for the 0d error:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92269-Q-code-error-0d-Crosshair-VI&p=642829&viewfull=1#post642829

Although even if you hit windows you'll need a legacy driver xD 

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92269-Q-code-error-0d-Crosshair-VI&p=642829&viewfull=1#post642829

interesting

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

hmmm

9 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

money making, nice. 

Until last year I had 2 460's on water. I can remember oc'ing them and playing games. The amount if heat the rads where pumping into my room was enough to make a genuine difference in temperture. I'd never be home except for 1 night after work I'd game for a few hours. I can remember sitting with extra layers of clothes and about 1 hour later I could get away with tshirt and shorts lol. Before I got rid of them Oc'ed and overvolted as much as I could in afterburner. They got to 85c on 2 x 240mm rads lol tbf for old cards in sli and overclocked the performance was ok.  

9 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

18945032_1875845799322695_1944692756_n.jpg?oh=21660f727d3b7e91c5be4bc5a47a4d77&oe=593912EA

give them to me.

21 minutes ago, Dblock said:

Until last year I had 2 460's on water. I can remember oc'ing them and playing games. The amount if heat the rads where pumping into my room was enough to make a genuine difference in temperture. I'd never be home except for 1 night after work I'd game for a few hours. I can remember sitting with extra layers of clothes and about 1 hour later I could get away with tshirt and shorts lol. Before I got rid of them Oc'ed and overvolted as much as I could in afterburner. They got to 85c on 2 x 240mm rads lol tbf for old cards in sli and overclocked the performance was ok.  

nice.