League Of Legends: AMD gpu's

How come every time I play League with an amd gpu, I get this weird fluctuation in frames? It's so annoying

When I play League with an AMD card my frames shoot from 57 and 63 and cause this weird effect where the game play wasn't as smooth

cards I tested:

Radeon 6870

Radeon 7850

Radeon 7750
Radeon 7770

Radeon 5670

I've tested all these cards even on the lowest settings w/different frame caps and still get this annoying stuttering effect

WHY CAN"T A GET A SOLID FRAME RATE IN A LOW END GAME  (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ ALL I WANT IS 60 SOLID

Nvidia cards seem to not have this problem at all surprisingly

When I use Nvidia cards my frame rate stays 60 no matter what, no stutter, no fluctuation, no problems, any settings

cards tested: 

GTX 660

GTX 680

GTX 760

GTX 460

So let me hear you guys, is there anything I can do to stop the amd cards from stuttering? (please tell me)

have you experienced something similar? I asked a lot of people and they agree

Do you guys think AMD needs make Driver optimizations for league of legends?

or do you think Riot games needs to optimize and tune the gaming experience for amd cards?

I don't even know who to point fingers at

I also get random screen flickers with my 7950. I'll see how it goes with the new patch. I also updated my drivers today but have yet to notice it with the new patch. Back to "testing" :D

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I've had no problems with a 7950...

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

I have v-sync on while I play and it does flucuate but I don't see a problem on my screen. I really hate that they removed the FPS limiter that was in there before. Rather have that than 60 or 300FPS.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I am currently using a 7950 with 13.9 drivers and with V sync off and max settings at 1080p. I was playing today and when I died there was a yellow box that flicked on the top left hand corner which was sort of weird. Maybe try turning V-Sync off?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer