Unique Speakers Buzzing Problem

walden_emrys

Alright, so I have these two KRK Rokit 5 Speakers set up for my computer, but when I connect them to my computer they start to buzz.   However if I connect them to my phone to play music they're fine.  I also connected some headphones to my computer to see if that was the problem and there was no buzzing at all.  Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Turn down the gain?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Ah, this is no problem.

Your headphones don't have an amp to showcase the buzzing sound. What you are hearing is called interference. Something that is 100% normal and expected for onBoard sound cards. OnBoard sound are really just 2$ (at best), chips that takes sounds, simplifies the digital-to-analogue conversion and processing, and goes "Here CPU, you do the processing. I simplified everything for you, so that it doesn't cost much of your time, give me back the result for me to output it as you are done".

And that's about it, in a very simplified mater.

Also, onBoard chips have no quality components that is designed to keep the sound unaltered, and the amplifier is just crap one, that is simply designed to be tiny and practically free to make for motherboard manufactures to implement.

What you need is a dedicated sound card. If you look at one, you'll see how much components and space it requires... something that onboard solutions can't provide, due to cost and lack of room.

What many people failed to understand, is that onBoard sound solutions isn't deisgned for music listening, let alone gaming. They are designed to have SOMETHING for casual youTub'ing and hearing Windows sound. A bit harsh, yes, but that's their intent, and not give you good sound quality experience.

Ah, this is no problem.

Your headphones don't have an amp to showcase the buzzing sound. What you are hearing is called interference. Something that is 100% normal and expected for onBoard sound cards. OnBoard sound are really just 2$ (at best), chips that takes sounds, simplifies the digital-to-analogue conversion and processing, and goes "Here CPU, you do the processing. I simplified everything for you, so that it doesn't cost much of your time, give me back the result for me to output it as you are done".

Also, onBoard chips have no quality components that is designed to keep the sound unaltered, and the amplifier is just crap one, that is simply designed to be tiny and practically free to make for motherboard manufactures to implement.

What you need is a dedicated sound card. If you look at one, you'll see how much components and space it requires... something that onboard solutions can't provide, due to cost and lack of room.

What many people failed to understand, is that onBoard sound solutions isn't deisgned for music listening, let alone gaming. They are designed to have SOMETHING for casual youTub'ing and hearing Windows sound. A bit harsh, yes, but that's their intent, and not give you good sound quality experience.

It is not normal for integrated sound card to produce buzzing noise, tho, some do that (as OP). I remember on old motherboards, quality was far better. Youa re right about how it processes sound etc., and everything you said is correct, apart from normality of buzzing sound.

I have to agree that new Realtek codecs are nothing in comparison to teh good old SoundMax, and even quality of sound degraded in last 5 years because of cheap manuf. process of motherboards.

Anyway, to the OP, youa re right, only thing he can doa bout it, is to buy a sound card.

Some audio systems on some PC's, if PC is turned off will buzz like crazy (with gain up), once you turn it ON (load driver), it should work fine, not sure if maybe that is teh problem?

a bad ground can cause this.

does the buzzing go away if you play audio or is it there all the time

if it has a built in amp the amp could be receiving interference.

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Ah, this is no problem.

some motherboards come with a decent onboard soundcard so what you said isn't 100% true

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

some motherboards come with a decent onboard soundcard so what you said isn't 100% true

LOL.. yea """""decent""""". Once you go with dedicated sound card, you never go back, the difference is night and day in sound quality (assuming you don't have crappy headphone/speaker where they limit things).

I noticed something. Turn down the Windows volume and turn up the speaker volume. Better sound quality, less buzz.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

LOL.. yea """""decent""""". Once you go with dedicated sound card, you never go back, the difference is night and day in sound quality (assuming you don't have crappy headphone/speaker where they limit things).

I would use my SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Digital, but my video card just blocks the PCI slot.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Do you have a slimmer gpu? Or onboard gfx you can use with the sound card? To prove the issue. Replace or remove your gpu and and put the sound card in. If this fixes the issue then you know youre heading in the right direction.