[Build Log] RGB Spartan - Scratch Desk Build

7 minutes ago, snpr1992 said:

Disappointed that you didn't stick with Ryzen.  Have really liked their processors so far.  I understand why though with two DOA boards.  Got a ASUS x370 bored myself and have not had any issues.  Grabbed it in a pack with the CPU and RAM for a great price.  The 7700K is still king for strictly gaming though. 

Desk looks great so far,  look forward to seeing how everything pans out!

I may go back just waiting on other boards to release. 

5 hours ago, DD Custom Mods said:

Looking great!  Super find with those legs!

yeah I was excited when I saw it was being trashed. Im a manager where I work so I have first pick a lot of times. Its great for the me kind of person cause i can reuse almost anything. 

• 4 weeks later...

Updated the format of the build log. Will be working on the inside of the tub of the desk tomorrow and will have something up here on sunday or monday. I will also have a small update tomorrow regarding something I picked up that will help me make this build special. 

• 2 weeks later...
Update.png.8f8030ad0e913ffbeab757ac9c34f7c9.png

Back for another update on the desk! Finally got the next components in that is moving us towards the finishing up of the build. So here it is!

LL
LL

Decided to go with the i7 7800X. I did a lot of research and found it to best suit my needs for now. I may move to the Z370 when released but am content with this for now. In the research, I found that the board I purchased below is best for OCing

LL
LL
LL

From the reviews I read, 7800X have issues with temps. This board, however, had the best VRM cooling and reviews out of any of the other boards. It also has tons of RGB goodness to go along with it. Even has Digital outputs for addressable leds.

I am moving this next week and will an area for my desk to go. This will lead into the push to finish the build.let me know what you think so far! Would love to hear any suggestions as well.

15 hours ago, Defyant said:

That's MODDING! take a bow mate you got my respect.

Thanks man! I'm hoping to have all the desk parts done within the next two weeks. Focus then would turn to components install, WC, and all the LED goodness. 

• 3 weeks later...

Will have another update soon... done moving, just have to clean garage and then can start again. Also got a new 3d printer!

Loving what you're doing here. Would love to see some sort of Temp monitoring integrated into the RGB bars at the front of the desk, just throwing out an idea.

Keep up the good work, I'll look forward to updates

5 hours ago, Snow_ said:

Loving what you're doing here. Would love to see some sort of Temp monitoring integrated into the RGB bars at the front of the desk, just throwing out an idea.

Keep up the good work, I'll look forward to updates

I may or may not have something planned :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi

as you asked, im here to check your desk pc and i must say:

such a nice job on this desk! those legs are awsome! i wish i though of that!

as someone said, put some temperature sensor and and a lcd showing it! RGB style of course!

you are very lucky to have access to that kind of hardware! 

Keep up with the good work!