what is this sound?

PcNo0b

this always happen everyday morning, I usually just shut it down and restart then the sound is gone. Anyone know what that sound is?

Edited by Spotty
removed vid.me link

Sounds like a busted fan, but since most PC's typically have three or more fans in the system you're gonna have to kinda try to hear which one it is.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Sounds like a busted fan, but since most PC's typically have three or more fans in the system you're gonna have to kinda try to hear which one it is.

i think its the cpu fan

that being said, pc fans are very well known for throwing sound. so it may be a good idea to disconnect one fan at a time

and see when the sound stops

1 minute ago, PcNo0b said:

i think its the cpu fan

What CPU cooler are you using?

i think its the cpu fan

You could unplug it and see if your PC still makes the noise. It's okay to run the PC for a couple seconds without the cooler and you will hear if that is the culprit.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

What CPU cooler are you using?

IMG_0045.JPG

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You could unplug it and see if your PC still makes the noise. It's okay to run the PC for a couple seconds without the cooler and you will hear if that is the culprit.

the sound only happens once a day in the morning 

IMG_0045.JPG

I have never seen a Purple cooler before.

the sound only happens once a day in the morning 

Do you turn off your computer overnight?

Just now, Cinnabar Sonar said:

I have never seen a Purple cooler before.

Do you turn off your computer overnight?

yes

6 minutes ago, PcNo0b said:

yes

You probably need to re-lubricate the bearings then.  When the bearings first start to go, it is not uncommon for them to make noise after not spinning for a while.  It will slowly get worse, and re lubricating them can extend the life of the fan.

11 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

You probably need to re-lubricate the bearings then.  When the bearings first start to go, it is not uncommon for them to make noise after not spinning for a while.  It will slowly get worse, and re lubricating them can extend the life of the fan.

ill just replace the cpu cooler since the one in the picture is so big that i cant put a graphics card in

ill just replace the cpu cooler since the one in the picture is so big that i cant put a graphics card in

That would be the more ideal solution.