Best optical mouse??

tehsprayer

What's the best optical mouse? I was thinking

Steelseries rival

Zowie fk

Deathadder

Any other ideas, was leaning towards the rival but the Zowie FK looks very promising.

Would you like a most with the mouse macros?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

might wanna change title to best optical mouse not most

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I'm on my phone right now, I'll do it when I get on my computer...

Like @Lanoi said peripherals (mainly mice) are simply a matter of personal preference. Nowadays all optical mice have pretty much perfect tracking so it just matters about comfort. Some I always recommend are the DA2013, and the Logitech G400s. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

if you are a hybrid palm/claw gripper dont go for a smaller mouse such as the Roccat Kone pure optical ( i am just about to return mines for a DeathAdder)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Top runners in accuracy, even higher than other comparable optical mice with the 3090 sensor are:

Zowie FK and AM

Logitech g400s

Razer DeathAdder 2013 and only 2013 edition.

My laser mouse is perfectly fine and has no tracking issues, so could someone tell me why optical is better.

Choose between DA 2013, G400s and th mentioned zowie mice based on your grip/jandsize. Also im not sure now but i think the roccat savu's sensor should be just as good as that of the DA2013.(so pretty much almost flawless)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

My laser mouse is perfectly fine and has no tracking issues, so could someone tell me why optical is better.

A lot of times we are simply use to how something is if it doesn't cause us outright difficulty or dissatisfaction. You are likely adapted to how your mouse reacts most of the time.

Truthful Mouse Guide

Mouse Optimization Guide

Since I have experience with the Razer Deathadder 4G (2013 version) and Steelseries Rival.

I am gonna say if you have big hands and you palm your mouse, go for the Rival, but DeathAdder isn't any less comfortable, also I prefer the rubber-feel coating of the Rival, feels like I have a stronger grip.

Performance wise I see no difference in them, both of them are at 5000 DPi/CPi, both of them have no Mouse Acceleration and are set to 1000Hz (1MHz) polling rate.

Only extra feature the Rival has is a dedicated CPI/DPI switch. Personally I have no problem with it, because I never change DPI/CPI on the fly.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Best way is just to test em out and feel em in real life. Especially with long gaming sessions you want the mouse to be comfortable... And it also depends on the grip you prefer. If you want to know more about it check out: http://cmuniversity.net/

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Logitech G400s. Buy it, its sensor is perfect.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

Pretty slim picking for really high quality optical options, the deathadder is always pretty highly regarded, and the new steelseries rival looks like an excellent mouse.

Roccat kone pure optical is also worth a look

ROCCAT_Kone_Pure_Optical_01.jpg

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I'm also looking to buy a new mouse. Has to be optical as i want the best tracking for my shooter games. I use a claw grip so i'm looking at a zowie fk or the corsair raptor m40. Which one should i get? Well can i have any other recommendations if need be?

I really like the rival because of the size. And I've had a really good run with my steelseries gear so I would prefer to stick with them than go near razer again. The rubber cord is a bit of an odd choice to me though, and I'm waiting to see some more reviews and/or get my hands on one before I buy one or say I prefer it over anything.

I'm also looking to buy a new mouse. Has to be optical as i want the best tracking for my shooter games. I use a claw grip so i'm looking at a zowie fk or the corsair raptor m40. Which one should i get? Well can i have any other recommendations if need be?

For claw grip, I highly recommend CM Storm Spawn. Excellent shape and sensor, just need to grab the latest firmware from the Cooler Master website (NOT the CM Storm website. That one is super outdated)

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

For claw grip, I highly recommend CM Storm Spawn. Excellent shape and sensor, just need to grab the latest firmware from the Cooler Master website (NOT the CM Storm website. That one is super outdated)

Seconded. The Spawn is an amazing mouse for claw grip, as long as you update the firmware. Older firmwares had some high CPU usage problems with VOIP programs. If you're in the market for something a bit cheaper the Xornet is also a great choice. They track a bit differently depending on the pad you choose though.

These mice are also fairly wide, so they aren't as uncomfortable as they look for larger hands.