Can I somehow change the front panel usb port connector?

Kebogu,
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
3 minutes ago, Kebogu, said:

Oh, sorry. Let me see if these pics clear things up

(First image) is of bluetooth connector, instructions tell me it goes in (second image) "jusb" pins. Thing is,  my front panel usb connector (third image) needs to go there to work. What kind of options are available to me so i can use my new card+keep my usb port?  (You mentioned something about adaptors, if that would help me, please tell me more about that)

The options you have right now are: 

1. Get an internal USB header hub. NZXT has one here

2. Return the adaptor and purchase a full PCIe WiFi/bluetooth card. It does seem like a lot of them require a USB connection for the Bluetooth though. You could go for a PCIe WiFi adaptor and a separate USB Bluetooth dongle. 

3. Buy a new motherboard with more internal headers (obviously not an ideal solution). I'm a bit surprised at MSI only including a single USB 2.0 header, even on a B150 board. 

Probably the best solution is to use an adaptor from the USB 3.1 Gen1 header to turn it into a USB 2.0 header and use that. Would only work if you're not using the 3.1 Gen1 header though. 

Hello, 

I bought this wifi+bluetooth card (image included) 

And hooked it up to my motherboard (image included) 

All works well except that i have to connect the bluetooth to the pins where my front panel usb port connecter goes (9 pin area). 

The connect for my bluetooth only takes up four pins , leaving the pins that my usb would use, "free". The problem is that my usb port connector while using only four pins has a block at the tip of the cables, that takes up the entire 9 pins.

The issue is this, can i somehow remove that block so i can just connect the four cables that my usb would use right next to my bluetooth connector?

Am i looking at this problem the wrong way? (I think i am because there is another 9pin area on my motherboard that is unlabled, but i cant plug in my usb port connector there, and when i connect my bluetooth, it recieves no power)

Screenshot_20170603-165315.png

Screenshot_20170603-165544.png

I'm not entirely sure of the ports you're talking about. Could you take a picture of the connectors and the ports on your board that you're talking about?

EDIT: If you're talking about the internal USB header, I don't think you can plug both in at the same time. You can get internal USB hubs that add more internal headers, but it would probably be more worthwhile to just buy a full size PCIe based solution or get the 7265 M.2 version rather than dealing with the adaptors. 

30 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'm not entirely sure of the ports you're talking about. Could you take a picture of the connectors and the ports on your board that you're talking about?

EDIT: If you're talking about the internal USB header, I don't think you can plug both in at the same time. You can get internal USB hubs that add more internal headers, but it would probably be more worthwhile to just buy a full size PCIe based solution or get the 7265 M.2 version rather than dealing with the adaptors. 

(First image) is of bluetooth connector, instructions tell me it goes in (second image) "jusb" pins. Thing is,  my front panel usb connector (third image) needs to go there to work. What kind of options are available to me so i can use my new card+keep my usb port?  (You mentioned something about adaptors, if that would help me, please tell me more about that)

1496526749464577035489.jpg

14965268724351435383368.jpg

14965269862811049769198.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kebogu, said:

2. Return the adaptor and purchase a full PCIe WiFi/bluetooth card. It does seem like a lot of them require a USB connection for the Bluetooth though. You could go for a PCIe WiFi adaptor and a separate USB Bluetooth dongle. 

3. Buy a new motherboard with more internal headers (obviously not an ideal solution). I'm a bit surprised at MSI only including a single USB 2.0 header, even on a B150 board. 

Probably the best solution is to use an adaptor from the USB 3.1 Gen1 header to turn it into a USB 2.0 header and use that. Would only work if you're not using the 3.1 Gen1 header though. 

12 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Okay, i see. Thanks, you have been very helpful.

One last thing, i saw this on amazon, would it work?

Screenshot_20170603-181751.png

5 minutes ago, Kebogu, said:

Okay, i see. Thanks, you have been very helpful.

One last thing, i saw this on amazon, would it work?

It may work. I haven't used them myself so I can't say for certain. Amazon tends to be pretty good with returns, even when it's a third party seller, so if it doesn't work you should be able to return it just fine. I would read through the description carefully to see if there's any conditions, like only one device connected working at a time or bandwidth limits and such.