Several Questions for Starting YouTube Career

Hey peeps. So I got quite a few things I need help with. My fiancé and I are about to start a gaming YouTube channel, but both of us have difficulty learning several things all at once by Googling dozens of websites that all only partially answer the question, and also have hard times wording things, hence why this is going to be rather awkward. Watched this, and I didn't get anything out of it. Hoping someone can walk me step-by-step in layman's terms. I have a very poor attention span due to several disorders, so I can't just watch an hour-long video answering these all. I know this seems silly, and I know I could probably get these all answered with Googling, but for reasons I can't really explain, it would be a lot easier for my brain if I had control over what I was told to do.

Right now, I have a Blue Yeti Pro, and a Razer Ripsaw capture card that I have no clue how to use yet.

1.)   What exactly does XLR as opposed to just using USB? (Why is the quality better?)

2.)   How do I use the XLR option on my microphone? I get that I have to buy an audio interface, but that's about all I got out of that video.

3.)   What are some good audio interfaces for various budget ranges?

4.)   How do I record said audio?

5.)   Do I have to use two separate programs/hardware devices to record gameplay and audio, or can I use one thing that does both? Would it be easier for me, in the end, to record them separately or together?

6.)   If they do have to be recorded separately, how do I combine both after editing to upload to YouTube?

7.)   If any of you have compared several audio and/or video recording softwares personally, can I please get a pro/con list or opinions of them?

8)    Is an audio interface the same as a mixer? If not, what is a mixer?

9.)   What are some good mixers for various budget ranges?

10.) How do I connect capture card, microphone, audio interface, mixer, etc., all together, then to my PC and capture it all, if it's not obvious?

11.) After all that, how do I add facecam into the mix? Is it just a matter of bringing OBS into the pile and recording my camera from there?

Thank you so kindly in advance for helping me with my ridiculous levels of ignorance.

see here

just but this so you can connect your xlr microphone to you computer via usb and use obs to record video and audio the same time (you can also add webcam and lots of other stuff) use your capture card to connect a good camera to your pc and add it as a face cam

18 minutes ago, Fluffyvoir said:

Right now, I have a Blue Yeti Pro, and a Razer Ripsaw capture card that I have no clue how to use yet.

make a plan and then buy stuff

If you are planning to make money out of it then I wish you good luck. Youtube is saturated at the moment and almost all idea's have been done (Creating slingshots, destroying things, gaming channels, Tech channels, Car channels, etc).

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

IMO forget the hardware.

Get a decent enough mic and you're set.

Use something like OBS to record sound and GFX. It can broadcast to Twitch and alike, but can also record.

I have found it the easiest to set up and use.

Once that's done think of your editing program.

Use what ever you wish at this point. Can be as simple as cutting something out which there are a lot of free programs for that.

Then, the hard part comes.

There's so much on youtube that it's almost impossible to get on it and thrive. Don't expect it to replace your day time job any time soon.

Find something that others have not done and experiment. You'll fail a lot. Probably for months to years. However within this time you are learning what works and what does not. You're building up your hardware and software. Learning what your fans want and how to deliver it.

Eventually you'll get to where you want to be, but again, if you think this is going to be quick easy fix then you might as well bow out now as the youtube community will eat you alive.

There's no chill on the internet.

Good luck.

It's not a race to the bottom.

I really have no idea what I'm doing. I have everything plugged in correctly with my Ripsaw, but I have no idea how to make that card do all the recording. And in OBS, it says signal out of range sometimes, but after I experimented changing some settings I don't remember, it just shows my desktop in OBS even though I have a game running? I'm completely clueless. Gonna try calling Razer when they open next and see if I get someone there to take over my computer and walk me through the process. There's also the issue that my system thinks the Ripsaw is a second display, so that my mouse will go off the edge on one side.