1070 Strix

Marcseli

So im deciding on a new graphics card and the 1070 Strix seems like an ideal choice. Does anyone know how many frames you can get on 1440p ultrawide whilst playing triple A titles? I just want to have an idea as to how well the 1070 will perform. Thanks in advance.

My name Jeff

It should perform as good as any other 1070 out there, as it's the same GPU.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, bob51zhang said:

It should perform as good as any other 1070 out there, as it's the same GPU.

how many frames can i get though

My name Jeff

Just now, Marcseli said:

1440p ultrawide, i would say a 1080 or vega equivalent would be more suitable. The highest res i can see a 1070 running "good" is prolly 16:9 1440p

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

A mix of high and ultra will give you 60 fps, but for best experience, maybe a 1080 or ti like above poster said

1 minute ago, Marcseli said:

http://techgage.com/article/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review-a-look-at-1440p-4k-ultra-wide-gaming/

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

the 1070 strix is one of the best 1070 overclockers on air, i believe. it'll do well at 1440p ultrawide, but i would look up benchmarks of the games you're planning on playing 

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

the 1070 strix is one of the best 1070 overclockers on air, i believe. it'll do well at 1440p ultrawide, but i would look up benchmarks of the games you're planning on playing 

Yea i was thinking that with a solid overclock it'll do just fine at most games

My name Jeff

Just now, Doggo | ドッグゴ said:

LEL, i'm running 720p on a 1070

Now, thats a good use of a 1070

My name Jeff

1 minute ago, Doggo | ドッグゴ said:

I gotta buy a new monitor

What are you thinking of getting

My name Jeff

Just now, Doggo | ドッグゴ said:

Not sure, but most likley two 1440p, or three 1080p

why not just an ultrawide?

My name Jeff

4 hours ago, Marcseli said:

why not just an ultrawide?

Multi-monitor FTW.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Multi-monitor FTW.

Seriously. I use 3 1080p monitors, even when I use someone else's rig that has 2 I feel like I don't have enough room when I need to work on something

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

7 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Seriously. I use 3 1080p monitors, even when I use someone else's rig that has 2 I feel like I don't have enough room when I need to work on something

I don't even need large monitors to work. I just need lots of them. 

Spoiler