Small Form Factor --- Massive Performance

So I decided to build a small form factor rig that could easily be fit into my backpack but still have all of the performance of a full size desktop computer.

The limiting factor was the case. Its a SilverStone Surgo Series SG13. Link to case: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=536&area=en The case is small and it fits easily into a backpack but how to fit everything in there was a challenge.

I also went with SilverStone's SFX power supply the SFX SX800-LTI for consistent power and for overclocking capability. Link to power supply: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=731&area=en

The graphics card was a bit of a challenge because I was only limited to 10.5" but with some removal of a couple of plastic bracets on the front panel I was able to fit in a 11.02" Gigabyte 1080 ti Gaming OC 11g card in.  Link to the Card: http://www.gigabyte.us/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TGAMING-OC-11G#kf

The rest of the build was a lot easier to deal with I got myself an i7-7700k to go on the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC Z270i, 32gb of G.skil Aegis Ram DDR4 @ 2400mhz (16x2), 525gb Crucial M.2, 2 1tb Western Digital Black 2.5" laptop hard drives(for space reasons) and an all in one liquid cooler for the cpu, the Corsair H55 120mm. 

The photos below are basically everything that went into this build. I hope you all enjoy!

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2070.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

No offense man, but I think someone else already beat you to the finish line with this idea.  And at a far lower cost input that what you are spending here.  They are called Laptops and Notebooks.  Saw a nice one just this afternoon at Target for $249.99.  In fact, they fit inside the backpack so good they have to tie them down to keep people from taking them without paying for them.  It was a neat idea though...........

Nice man. Never seen that version of the 1080 ti before, it looks sick.

16 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

No offense man, but I think someone else already beat you to the finish line with this idea.  And at a far lower cost input that what you are spending here.  They are called Laptops and Notebooks.  Saw a nice one just this afternoon at Target for $249.99.  In fact, they fit inside the backpack so good they have to tie them down to keep people from taking them without paying for them.  It was a neat idea though...........

Uuuuuummm. Sarcasm? That $250 laptop is likely crap, and can't come near this. This could run the latest AAA games on high/ultra at 60fps on a 4K monitor. Most laptops around the price he would've paid for this would have a 1080 at most, his is sporting a full 1080 Ti and the current king of pure gaming performance, an i7 7700K, along with 32GB RAM. There might be a couple laptops that can beat that, but I doubt it. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

yes i know its not as practical as a laptop i get that, but the fact that it does have what it has in it and i can take it on the move with me fairly easily (i am in the military so this is great for moving around plus since im in the navy this can go on a ship a lot easier then spending what i would want on a laptop) Plus i know the CPU is only a quad-core but i will also be using it for light content creation because im a photojournalist for the navy.

Nice build! Really love this case, I have it as well as an extra Linux pc and it's a great little case! 

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

also a side note: I will be putting cablemod cables in once i get the 2 8pin pcie cable

On 5/31/2017 at 7:43 PM, kb5zue said:

You understand the difference in performance between a $250 laptop and a small form factor pc with a 7700K and a full sized 1080ti, right?