GPU sagging

JamesHewitt

Hey guys, almost finished my build. 5820k @4.4ghz, 16gb DDR4 @2666, Zotac amp extreme core 1080ti. Cablemod stuff and top fan coming tomorrow :D

As you can see though, the 1080ti is sagging a bit. Anyone know of a decent support bracket or something to stop this?

Thanks for le help, James

Edit: I'm in the UK so if possible stuff from here :D

18836362_1476032195751251_615068528_o.jpg

Get a gpu support bracket.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

1 minute ago, Vandorlot said:

Get a gpu support bracket.

Hard to find in the UK it seems, none on amazon. Also the card is pretty damn big so i'm worried about interference 

Just now, IsaacThePooper said:

No just put Legos under it.

I did it and I even made it match the color of my whole system!

brilliant. I would also advise to flip your radiator at the front. it's probably not an issue right now but as the liquid permeates the tubes and there is air in the loop (over like 2 years) it will become one. the pump will catch the air but if you had it flipped it wouldn't interfere

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

4 minutes ago, JamesHewitt said:

Hard to find in the UK it seems, none on amazon. Also the card is pretty damn big so i'm worried about interference 

If possible, clear fishing line tied to the top of the case works. But yeah, you'd have to hope you have points to tie to.

A stick / support bracket would be best though...that is a heavy card.

5 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

brilliant. I would also advise to flip your radiator at the front. it's probably not an issue right now but as the liquid permeates the tubes and there is air in the loop (over like 2 years) it will become one. the pump will catch the air but if you had it flipped it wouldn't interfere

Hmm might flip it then. 

Also I'm not really wanting a stick or leggos, I want it too look really nice and i feel that would ruin it. Fishing line like @scottyseng said might be good.

The fishing line thing seems like a good idea. I may do that for my system. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

That has to be the chodiest card I've seen. No wonder you need a support bracket!

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

2 minutes ago, JamesHewitt said:

Yeah, it needs more bracing. I have a MSI Gaming X 1070 and it has no flex at all to it. I have no idea what kind of bracing MSI uses, but wow, it's very solid.

I think it's just the nature of having a 2.5 slot cooler on a PCB that big...that's a lot of cooler to support up...

11 minutes ago, JamesHewitt said:

I'm sure its a beast, and I love the backplate, but its just too beefy for me to ever use xD

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

This is why I love my Mini ITX case. The motherboard sits on the bottom, so the card just stands upright. Impossible to sag.

Actually it should be fine, but just in case you are worried about it, supporting it with something might not be a bad idea.

Good luck!

32 minutes ago, JamesHewitt said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Perspex-Graphics-Card-Anti-Sag-Brace-Support-/112275286641?hash=item1a2420ea71:g:ICEAAOSw241YgQyF

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

4 minutes ago, JamesHewitt said:

Ooh i like that. Wouldn't stand out too much or ruin it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPU-Graphics-Card-Brace-Fix-GPU-sag-/332210582589?hash=item4d594b343d:g:mAYAAOSwnbZYE2ts

I found this which just looks a bit less cheap.

Oh yea! I forgot about that one... sarry xD

I hope I helped! I landed up looking for a dedicated support bracket for my GPU in the UK, except I really want one of Bill Owen's ones from MNCPtech, but shipping costs will almost undoubtedly be higher than product pricings.

Lol I also just realised, if you look at the bottom of the support bracket you showed, it almost look like it says it has Anti Surge protection. Ha ha

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

If you want a quick fix, you should use some sort of fishing line, and since it looks like you have a top that can exhaust, you should thread it through one of the holes in the top and fasten it there.