Geforce GTX Graphics Cards

1 minute ago, m.attway said:

Ahh ok, I have a decent size case and to be on the safe side I will probably go with 2 fan one! Appreciate all the help!

You are welcome, do consider to get the RX 580 8GB though if it fits inside your budget. :) 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 hour ago, Eibe said:

In most benchmarks the RX 580 is equal to the 1060, and surpasses the 1060 in games with newer technologies (e.g. Vulkan like you said). Why would you recommend a card that works great with current and past games, while you can recommend a card that works great also for future games?

I agree, but what makes a buyer so sure about the fact that developers of newer games will opt to use Vulkan API specifically what if Nvidia comes up with a technology that gives it the upper-hand. Whether a buyer opts to choose Nvidia or AMD is a personal preference but for me, I'd rather go with something I'm sure will do well with current and past games which also does okay with newer games. 

One things for sure though, all of us rely on both companies to survive in the market since if one was in control of the market we'd be screwed since they would make the prices higher and we would have no other option.

10 minutes ago, Eibe said:

You are welcome, do consider to get the RX 580 8GB though if it fits inside your budget. :) 

That fits well within my budget the total price comes to £1027.11 my budget for the PC was £1000 but I managed to get better than what I had for cheaper, also I have £99.99 on Windows 10 Home and about another £200 on a Cooler Fan, a Monitor and a mouse! The price without Windows, the fan, the monitor and the mouse comes to £732.41! Thanks for the help!

35 minutes ago, DarthVader61425 said:

Actually isn't the 980 usually compared to the 1060 in terms of performance? The 980 ti to the 1070 and the previous Titan x is compared to the nowadays Gtx 1080?

No my friend has a 980 and plays at 4k 60fps and a little OC on it

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

No my friend has a 980 and plays at 4k 60fps and a little OC on it

How? Are you sure he isn't using a 980 ti or a 1080? Or he isn't just lowering the settings to Low/Medium?

43 minutes ago, DarthVader61425 said:

Actually isn't the 980 usually compared to the 1060 in terms of performance? The 980 ti to the 1070 and the previous Titan x is compared to the nowadays Gtx 1080?

Yea, the 1070 is better than the 980 for sure. the 980ti is comparable to the 1070(might be a bit better?)

59 minutes ago, p.klokgieter said:

Yea, the 1070 is better than the 980 for sure. the 980ti is comparable to the 1070(might be a bit better?)

I think the 980ti has the slight edge over the 1070 but with the 1070 it has a newer architecture, I think prices are even better and it has new technologies like Nvidia Ansel technology so if I were given the choice between the two I'd go for the 1070.

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

The 970 is like the 1060 and the 980 is a little bit better than the 1070 but you have to get used parts not new parts if you want to go to the previous generation 

Please check your information, a 970 is worse than a 1060, 980 is slightly better than a 1060 but worse than a 1070, and a 980 ti is about even to a 1070

3 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

The 970 is like the 1060 and the 980 is a little bit better than the 1070 but you have to get used parts not new parts if you want to go to the previous generation 

The 1070 is much faster than a 980

2 hours ago, m.attway said:

That fits well within my budget the total price comes to £1027.11 my budget for the PC was £1000 but I managed to get better than what I had for cheaper, also I have £99.99 on Windows 10 Home and about another £200 on a Cooler Fan, a Monitor and a mouse! The price without Windows, the fan, the monitor and the mouse comes to £732.41! Thanks for the help!

Buy windows on Kinguin 

Just now, Spenser1337 said:

Buy windows on Kinguin 

They only sell OEM keys.

1 hour ago, WolfoftheShadow7465 said:

Please check your information, a 970 is worse than a 1060, 980 is slightly better than a 1060 but worse than a 1070, and a 980 ti is about even to a 1070

So a 1060 could game at 4K ultra settings and a 1070 is great for 4K so your telling the truth is fake and I'm on a drug trip when I'm at my friends house 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

52 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

It's also only 10$, compromises when you're on a budget!

That is true and even if it does break it would not be that expensive to buy another + that would allow me to get the NZXT Hue+

3 minutes ago, m.attway said:

That is true and even if it does break it would not be that expensive to buy another + that would allow me to get the NZXT Hue+

Ez!

Ez!

Also it's £21 (about $27) for me :P not $10

1 minute ago, m.attway said:

Also it's £21 (about $27) for me :P not $10

Ah, look at other key sites

g2a etc

g2a etc

Will do, thanks for the help!

8 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

g2a etc

Nope, G2A doesn't sell Windows Keys. I'm fine with paying £21.

Nvidia has been naming their GPUs with this number scheme for years. Each new generation starts with a new hundreds prefix. So, currently, the 10-series cards are the newest, most power-efficient cards they have to offer. The 9-series were the previous, less powerful, more power-hungry, generation and so forth. I would have to highly encourage you to try to spend the little extra and get a 1060 (even with 3GB of video memory). If you overspend a bit now, you'll most likely have less of an itch to upgrade in the long run. Before owning a 1070, I would always choose raw horsepower over how much VRAM a card has. Hope I was able to help. :)

32 minutes ago, Eazy Cheezy said:

Nvidia has been naming their GPUs with this number scheme for years. Each new generation starts with a new hundreds prefix. So, currently, the 10-series cards are the newest, most power-efficient cards they have to offer. The 9-series were the previous, less powerful, more power-hungry, generation and so forth. I would have to highly encourage you to try to spend the little extra and get a 1060 (even with 3GB of video memory). If you overspend a bit now, you'll most likely have less of an itch to upgrade in the long run. Before owning a 1070, I would always choose raw horsepower over how much VRAM a card has. Hope I was able to help. :)

@Eazy CheezyWould the one on the left be better than the current one (right)? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/jZJkcf,TTfmP6/

36 minutes ago, m.attway said:

@Eazy CheezyWould the one on the left be better than the current one (right)? https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/jZJkcf,TTfmP6/

Oooohhhhh. Tricky tricky... It's a close call. The RX 580 has a higher bandwidth interface at 256-bit which will give you 256 GB/s vs 192 on the 1060. It also has more memory at 8GB of GDDR5 vs 6 on the 1060. However, the 1060 has a significantly higher base and boost clock speed at 1.59 GHz and 1.81 GHz respectively versus 1.26 GHz and 1.37 GHz on the RX 580. Also, a huge plus for me is the lower power consumption of the 1060: 120 watts versus 185 (holy crap!). I would, in the end, have to recommend the 1060 because I believe that the significantly higher clock speeds and significantly lower power draw outweigh the higher memory bandwidth and extra 2 GB of VRAM. Hope this helps in your decision @m.attway:) 

Just now, Eazy Cheezy said:

Oooohhhhh. Tricky tricky... It's a close call. The RX 580 has a higher bandwidth interface at 256-bit which will give you 256 GB/s vs 192 on the 1060. It also has more memory at 8GB of GDDR5 vs 6 on the 1060. However, the 1060 has a significantly higher base and boost clock speed at 1.59 GHz and 1.81 GHz respectively versus 1.26 GHz and 1.37 GHz on the RX 580. Also, a huge plus for me is the lower power consumption of the 1060: 120 watts versus 185 (holy crap!). I would, in the end, have to recommend the 1060 because I believe that the significantly higher clock speeds and significantly lower power draw outweigh the higher memory bandwidth and extra 2 GB of VRAM. Hope this helps in your decision @m.attway:) 

the rx580 is a better card overall

16 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

the rx580 is a better card overall

Is that because of the pricing and bandwidth?