My future build ( any tips and advice would be appreciated )

4 minutes ago, Aldrin Dizon said:

Don't need that much thermal pastse. One tube can last 3-4 applications.

Looks pretty decent otherwise.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

You don't need 2 thermal pastes (unless you want to tinker with your gpu) plus, go with Ryzen 1700 or something.

6 minutes ago, Aldrin Dizon said:

are you just gaming or also doing streaming/editing/rendering?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Memorizer said:

You don't need 2 thermal pastes (unless you want to tinker with your gpu) plus, go with Ryzen 1700 or something.

Yeah thats a mistake on the thermal paste but im not a fan of amd and i think they are not competitive in the gpu, not trying to offend anyone its just my personal opinion

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

are you just gaming or also doing streaming/editing/rendering?

Mostly gaming but i might do some streaming if i feel like it

Just now, Aldrin Dizon said:

Yeah thats a mistake on the thermal paste but im not a fan of amd and i think they are not competitive in the gpu, not trying to offend anyone its just my personal opinion

I'm talking about the CPU if you misunderstood what I said, but the 1080 is fine :)

1 minute ago, Memorizer said:

I'm talking about the CPU if you misunderstood what I said, but the 1080 is fine :)

Oh, what about the cpu, it is rated a lot in pc part so i get that what i put 

Lol sorry im a newb, and this is my first future build im planning 

Just now, Aldrin Dizon said:

Oh, what about the cpu, it is rated a lot in pc part so i get that what i put 

If you want to do streaming, Ryzen will be more benificial as it has more cores/threads than intel's

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.75 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 153.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($80.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($163.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($90.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($683.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($117.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($104.88 @ OutletPC) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1891.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-30 02:02 EDT-0400

cheaper and better:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($300.59 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($93.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X370 KILLER SLI/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($138.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.53 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($683.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake - Toughpower Grand RGB 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($104.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1745.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-30 02:02 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

But i said its mostly gaming and idk if im gonna stream and im gonna do rgb too so,

15 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

One tube can last 3-4 applications.

3.5g will last 10 applications, not 3-4, if you don't put too much in there.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Aldrin Dizon said:

But i said its mostly gaming and idk if im gonna stream and im gonna do rgb too so,

you're spending ALOT just for rgb. the p400 has changeable Leds that will work just fine for giving your rig more bling. if you need more lights just get something like a deepcool rgb kit rather than smoking $100 for lights.

3 minutes ago, Aldrin Dizon said:

The most sensible way to do RGB is to grab normal components (maybe an ASUS motherboard which has an RGB header but not much more), then buy an RGB LED strip or some RGB fans. Keep the rest of the build RGB-less and you'll save enough money to fit a 1080 Ti into the budget.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

3.5g will last 10 applications, not 3-4, if you don't put too much in there.

I swear I read 3-4 on the packaging for Arctic Silver 5...

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

if they put more they might risk customers throwing shit at them when they add too much and it only lasts 4 times cuz of that.

Just now, bob51zhang said:

I've used my little tube that came from the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 6 or 7 times now, on top of spreading some over all my RAM ICs for a DIY heat spreader :P

I bet that's a conservative number on the part or Arctic Cooling, that or 3.5g is a lot less than I think.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

The most sensible way to do RGB is to grab normal components (maybe an ASUS motherboard which has an RGB header but not much more), then buy an RGB LED strip or some RGB fans. Keep the rest of the build RGB-less and you'll save enough money to fit a 1080 Ti into the budget.

But i wanted a rgb memory :(( i guess i'll go back to normal ones and can yall help me find a good mobo, with a lot of usb ?? So i might fit an 1080 ti in there

8 minutes ago, Aldrin Dizon said:

But i wanted a rgb memory :(( i guess i'll go back to normal ones and can yall help me find a good mobo, with a lot of usb ?? So i might fit an 1080 ti in there

rgb memory(most of the RAM in general) are pricey as of now. Wait till they drop to the ground; but you know, regular RAM will do you fine for a long time. :)

3 hours ago, Memorizer said:

rgb memory(most of the RAM in general) are pricey as of now. Wait till they drop to the ground; but you know, regular RAM will do you fine for a long time. :)

so what do you think of the overall build, and what stuff can i change to make it better, i would like a tip for everything, no AMD stuff

4 minutes ago, Aldrin Dizon said:

so what do you think of the overall build, and what stuff can i change to make it better, i would like a tip for everything, no AMD stuff

Lemme make you a list

3 hours ago, Memorizer said:

Lemme make you a list

okay thanks