SFC30/SNES30 8bitdo

RuLeZ

Hey guys, 

do you have experience with 8bitdo? I was seeing many reviews online about how great they are, but I also so a big problem, the battery of the controllers according to some people is really shitty. After like 1 year it doesnt charge anymore. I know that I can change the battery, but its soldered, and I would prefer to buy a product that you dont need to repair after some months of use.

I am planning to use with Retropie and Android, right now I am using iBuffalo with the Retropie, but am buying  because I would prefer to use Bluetooth with the Smartphone.

Thanks ;)

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

4 minutes ago, RuLeZ said:

Hey guys, 

do you have experience with 8bitdo? I was seeing many reviews online about how great they are, but I also so a big problem, the battery of the controllers according to some people is really shitty. After like 1 year it doesnt charge anymore. I know that I can change the battery, but its soldered, and I would prefer to buy a product that you dont need to repair after some months of use.

I am planning to use with Retropie and Android, right now I am using iBuffalo with the Retropie, but am buying  because I would prefer to use Bluetooth with the Smartphone.

Thanks ;)

8bitdo experience...flimsy plastic and quality.  I had a much better experience with an actual controller and a USB adapter for the controller.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

8bitdo experience...flimsy plastic and quality.  I had a much better experience with an actual controller and a USB adapter for the controller.

The problem is that you cant find a new SNES controller anymore, the used one are like 25 years old, they arent great either. I am really happy with my iBuffalo, even better than using an old SNES controller, but it doesnt has bluetooth.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

I've got two and I've had them for about a year now and haven't had any issues. I mostly use them with my NES/SNES via the respective retro receivers.

28 minutes ago, linkboy said:

I've got two and I've had them for about a year now and haven't had any issues. I mostly use them with my NES/SNES via the respective retro receivers.

How do you charge them? I heard that leaving them charging for the night is bad, because they have a bad overcharge protection, is it true?

Spoiler