Slight Dilema while Installing

Go to solution Solved by Bembi,

Okay please ignore this post, I am honestly so done with how stupid I am when it comes to this xD. I went through the step by step online animation by NZXT.

https://www.nzxt.com/manuals/krakenx/X42-115X.html

Turns out it pretty much plugs into itself and the plug I had no idea where it went, goes to the CPU as its the pump!

God I feel dumb. Thanks for people who took time out of their day to reply to me being an idiot, have a nice night/day!

What was just a quick CPU cooling switch from a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO, to a Kraken x42 CPU water cooler, turned into a 9 hour clown fiesta.

So far I have surpassed every thing this thing has thrown at me, but I've been tripped at the last hurdle. There I can't seem to find 2 four pin fan connecters that is used for the pump. WIN_20170529_03_13_28_Pro.jpg.7490f1cebf5f8e8ef0ca021e6520c7e2.jpgThese are the 2 four pin connecters (sorry for the image quality) I cant for the life of e work out they are meant to go.

Just in case my build is as listed: (Minus the CPU cooler of course!)

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (Purchased For £400.85)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (Purchased For £24.95)
Motherboard: MSI - X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (Purchased For £191.28)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (Purchased For £47.98)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (Purchased For £47.98)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For £41.88)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For £270.00)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For £70.00)
Power Supply: EVGA - 600W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For £41.99)
Monitor: Acer - G227HQLAbid 21.5" 1920x1080 Monitor  (Purchased For £135.97)
Keyboard: Corsair - STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£129.99)
Mouse: Anker - AK-98ANDS2368-BA Wired Laser Mouse  (Purchased For £25.00)
Headphones: Corsair - VOID 7.1 Channel  Headset  (Purchased For £88.98)
Other: XFX HD-545X-ZCH2 Graphics Card (Purchased For £20.99)
Other: SAMSUNG S24F356 Full HD 24" LED Monitor (Purchased For £129.99)
Total: £1667.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-29 03:30 BST+0100

Any help on this would be extremely appreciated as I genuinely have no clue where to go from here. :(

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Bembi said:

-SNIP-

I can't really tell what is in the photo but assuming you are talking about the AIO cable bunch those are for the fan connections, and a 3 pin to the motherboar's CPu ehader for RPM monitoring, including sata power to power the pump

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8103/nzxt-kraken-x42-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index4.html

nzxt-kraken-x42-liquid-cpu-cooler-review_19

1 minute ago, W-L said:

I can't really tell what is in the photo but assuming you are talking about the AIO cable bunch those are for the fan connections, and a 3 pin to the motherboar's CPu ehader for RPM monitoring, including sata power to power the pump

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8103/nzxt-kraken-x42-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index4.html

nzxt-kraken-x42-liquid-cpu-cooler-review_19

Yes exactly that! The USB I found okay, same with the SATA, and the other one that goes in the CPU block, but the 2 four pin connecters have me stumped coz I just cant find ANYWHERE for them to go :(

I'm pretty sure the 4 pin cables are rgb.  They are 4 in a line, right?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

I'm pretty sure the 4 pin cables are rgb.  They are 4 in a line, right?

One of them is all 4 in a line, the other is 2, a space, and then another pin.

Probably should of included that sorry! xD

1 minute ago, Bembi said:

One of them is all 4 in a line, the other is 2, a space, and then another pin.

Probably should of included that sorry! xD

I think that is the rgb control pin, check your manual to see where yours is.  If you don't have one the aio should still work no problem though.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I think that is the rgb control pin, check your manual to see where yours is.  If you don't have one the aio should still work no problem though.

RGB control, so it should plug somewhere on the motherboard? Or am I just being slow again LOL.

And so if I don't have one the block will still pump?.. And more importantly... LOOK PRETTY XD?

Okay please ignore this post, I am honestly so done with how stupid I am when it comes to this xD. I went through the step by step online animation by NZXT.

https://www.nzxt.com/manuals/krakenx/X42-115X.html

Turns out it pretty much plugs into itself and the plug I had no idea where it went, goes to the CPU as its the pump!

God I feel dumb. Thanks for people who took time out of their day to reply to me being an idiot, have a nice night/day!

18 hours ago, Bembi said:

What was just a quick CPU cooling switch from a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO, to a Kraken x42 CPU water cooler, turned into a 9 hour clown fiesta.

So far I have surpassed every thing this thing has thrown at me, but I've been tripped at the last hurdle. There I can't seem to find 2 four pin fan connecters that is used for the pump. WIN_20170529_03_13_28_Pro.jpg.7490f1cebf5f8e8ef0ca021e6520c7e2.jpgThese are the 2 four pin connecters (sorry for the image quality) I cant for the life of e work out they are meant to go.

Those are outputs for running two fans, probably the radiator fan and a case fan.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430