DSC-HX5V lense won't open at all

Go to solution Solved by LewisSpring,
1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Unfortunately this may be a hardware issue that unless a member here lives close to you and is tech savvy enough to open the camera up and do some necessary repairs or maintenance, nothing else anyone on this forum can do.  Visit a camera store or where you bought it from and see if they can repair/send it to service under warranty or at a low cost.

How long have you had it?  Maybe buying a new camera will be more cost effective.

The warranty is out, it was brought a couple of years ago, so buying a new one is better 

Thanks!

Hi. My DSC-HX5V lense won't come out or open at all.

I've reset it, restarted it, hit it like most sites say.

Its on full battery and I've used paper to clean on the inside of the cracks.

The motor makes a noise in a patten of 1 123 123 123 1

The only message that comes up is to restart the camera

It looks like I've tried everything but the fix which I can't find!

Thanks!

(If you see this on iFixIt, I posted it there too)

UTC/GMT (Except during BST)

11 minutes ago, MineblockTechTips said:

Hi. My DSC-HX5V lense won't come out or open at all.

I've reset it, restarted it, hit it like most sites say.

Its on full battery and I've used paper to clean on the inside of the cracks.

The motor makes a noise in a patten of 1 123 123 123 1

The only message that comes up is to restart the camera

It looks like I've tried everything but the fix which I can't find!

Thanks!

(If you see this on iFixIt, I posted it there too)

Unfortunately this may be a hardware issue that unless a member here lives close to you and is tech savvy enough to open the camera up and do some necessary repairs or maintenance, nothing else anyone on this forum can do.  Visit a camera store or where you bought it from and see if they can repair/send it to service under warranty or at a low cost.

How long have you had it?  Maybe buying a new camera will be more cost effective.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

The warranty is out, it was brought a couple of years ago, so buying a new one is better 

Thanks!

UTC/GMT (Except during BST)