Anyone know for a fact you were followed inside a store?

yathis
On May 25, 2017 at 10:20 PM, yathis said:

Snip

I got accused of stealing twice at a Best Buy years ago.  My "crime" one time was apparently I was crouched in the computer game aisle too much and they thought I was being suspicious.  The other time they didn't give a reason.  Both times I was wearing pants from Hottopic with chains and stuff on them with a t shirt from Hottopic too and maybe a jacket or again reasonably normal looking hoodie.  So not exactly jeans and a shirt but hardly justification for profiling me and undue harassment.  

On May 25, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Blebekblebek said:

So tl;dr version

Security who's doing his job properly is a dumbass security?

Try online shopping next time.

Stalking a shopper like a pervy creeper is not anyone's job.  ?

On May 26, 2017 at 9:41 AM, chrisholland03 said:

I was overseas several years ago and went to a grocery to pick up like two specific items.  I'm usually pretty good at picking up local customs, but I was in a hurry and didn't pick up a basket or a cart as I came in the door.  Evidently not having a basket or cart = shoplifter and I quickly found myself with a shadow about 10 steps behind me until I made it through the checkout.

It was kinda creepy at the time, but funny after I had a chance to think about it.

Something like this just happened to me last week.  lol

I was at Best Buy getting a few amiibo.  2 Lucina (in case they work with the new Fire Emblem 3DS game and 2 Animal crossing sets with Reese in them (don't have a use for them but Reese is cool don't judge me.  ?)    One of each is for a friend that's why I got 2 of both.  

Anyway these things were a little awkward to hold so I went to the front of the store looking for a shopping basket (they only had carts) and as the guy by the door sees me walking towards the door (they keep the carts might next to it) he asks to see my receipt.

I'm not an idiot so I knew right away he thought I was stealing the amiibo I had in my arms.  ?

That would be a pretty dumb way to steal when someone could see you walking out clearly without paying.  

But I told the guy I just was grabbing a cart and joked about him accusing me of stealing after I had finished shopping, paid, and was walking out the door.  

3 hours ago, Blebekblebek said:

There's a differences being stalking-out and watching out.

Do you really just comparing a security with private detective?

It's a public place that owned by private company, you don't like their rules, then too bad.

This was stalking without a legitimate reason though.  

The problem for businesses is if they make customers feel uncomfortable, treat them poorly, and make bs rules then too bad for the business the customer will take their money elsewhere.  

It's their choice, and they stick with it.

and also it's a free country, no one forcing you buying there.

The problem you mention also happen else where, with different people.

If you think you are special case, you are not.

The problem for businesses is if they make customers feel uncomfortable, treat them poorly, and make bs rules then too bad for the business the customer will take their money elsewhere.  

and then there's another person who complain about lack of security and services because no one was there, and sue the company because they "feel" they aren't safe enough.

https://www.raglandjones.com/inadequate-security.html

You can't please anyone.

I really don't get it why people think this is a bad thing, I rather have security in case like this, at least I know I have someone who can help me if someone rob/mug me. or more realistic situation where I can get stuff that I want faster by asking them where is that stuff located.

You don't like people? Online Shopping.

9 hours ago, Blebekblebek said:

you don't like their rules, then too bad.

It's creepy. And it feels wrong. Customers should not be treated that way. 

And it IS too bad, for them! I rarely go to the store now. I use Amazon and eBay for as much as possible. They're usually cheaper too. I feel for the poor people working in retail, seeing as most retail jobs will be gone sooner or later, but I can't say I feel bad for the guys following me around! 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I have a backpack on most of the time so yes, always watched by security and getting funny looks. 

End of the day, they're doing their job, and if they think imma steal a bottle of diet coke then that's their problem and they can spend their time watching me if they see it fit. 

22 hours ago, Donut417 said:

-

Yeah but when you keep seeing the same person in different quadrants of the store in the same aisle then its obvious, I hate being crowded upon. Wide open store, no ones there, give me space thats why I entered. Fuck!!!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, AUniqueName said:

I have a backpack

Claim its your man purse, and its sexist if they want you to keep it up front, also tell them you have lots of cash in there and jewellery. Then if all else fails ignore them, say you speak only French in fluent English ;)