Windows 8 Folding@home problem

Go to solution Solved by \\Anton,

So today i installed Windows 8.1 and it sems like it solved my problem with the folding so now i got my main rigg runing!
Thanks for the tips guys, besides Windows 8.1 sems to be working fine!  :rolleyes: 

So as topic title says i got a problem with Folding@home on my windows 8 machine, just installed and plan was to start folding the problem is do that when i launch it doesen't show up any where else then in the taskmanager?

Any one had a similar problem and if you had how did you solve it? 

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section, if it is please move it! :D

Go to your taskbar

Click the "^" arrow (Next to the Flag, Internet connection thingy, and the volume thing)

Click on the F@H emblem :D

hope it helps :)

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Go to your taskbar

Click the "^" arrow (Next to the Flag, Internet connection thingy, and the volume thing)

Click on the F@H emblem :D

hope it helps :)

Sadly it doesen't show up there either.. Else it would have been an easy fix!  :blink:

can you access it through the browser? type this in. http://folding.stanford.edu/client/

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

try to reinstall the client! or reboot system! but first do the reboot sytem thing then a new removal plus install. and also let the firewall set the app as trusted application.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

try to reinstall the client! or reboot system! but first do the reboot sytem thing then a new removal plus install. and also let the firewall set the app as trusted application.

Tried all of that, still won't work sadly, also tried to run (http://folding.stanford.edu/client/) in both mozilla firefox and IE that didn't work either!

So today i installed Windows 8.1 and it sems like it solved my problem with the folding so now i got my main rigg runing!
Thanks for the tips guys, besides Windows 8.1 sems to be working fine!  :rolleyes: