AMP / DAC for AKG K712 PRO for Gaming

xboxxx

Hello Guys,

I am an enthusiast PC gamer. All I do is gaming and mostly competitive gaming,  I have decided to go for AKG K712 PRO for gaming as i will be using it for FPS games and heard AKG K7 series are awesome for footstep hearing. So I've decided to go for them. Anyways moving on to the main question , what AMP and Dac shall i buy to use for gaming mainly for footsteps hearing and all. my budget is more or less 300$. I can pay a little higher if really needed. Please help me. Thanks

Please note i dont have any sound card. Just the mobo Asus ix Code.

I use the https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELECTRONICS-E07K-HEADPHONE-AMPLIFIER-Verified-x/dp/B01ATKFTNI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495544003&sr=1-1&keywords=FiiO+Andes+E07K

It supports headphones up to 200 ohms. Its small, has a battery for on the go amping. The DAC is of high quality and has a simple EQ too for boosting the lows, mids and highs.

1 hour ago, mrzoltowski said:

I use the https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELECTRONICS-E07K-HEADPHONE-AMPLIFIER-Verified-x/dp/B01ATKFTNI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495544003&sr=1-1&keywords=FiiO+Andes+E07K

It supports headphones up to 200 ohms. Its small, has a battery for on the go amping. The DAC is of high quality and has a simple EQ too for boosting the lows, mids and highs.

hello sir, could you please tell me if you use it for gaming ? if yes, i just plug and play this thing for gaming or it reqwuires any additional settings to be done ? 

is there any other option that you may know of other than this product ?

2 hours ago, mrzoltowski said:

and it is bad compared to what you can get from other companies.

OP if you want something better than that nasty E07K, but still keep the price down then look towards a Schiit Fulla 2, if you want something better than a fulla 2, then a Schiit modi 2 + magni 2

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Used a smsl-sd793-ii on my k712s for a while and it sounded nice.  Around Christmas time I picked up a Fulla 2, and the quality is much better.  Great for movies, music and gaming from what I can tell on my headphones.  Would definitely recommend going with it.

1 hour ago, lw88 said:

schiit magni 2 uber + modi 2 uber

what if i go for non-uber version ?

will it still do the job ? coz i dont listen to music at all . All i do is gaming. OR will the uber version benefit me in gaming ?

thanks

4 hours ago, xboxxx said:

what if i go for non-uber version ?

will it still do the job ? coz i dont listen to music at all . All i do is gaming. OR will the uber version benefit me in gaming ?

thanks

just get fulla 2 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, xboxxx said:

AKG K7 series are awesome for footstep hearing

Yes, but not K712 Pro. You need to apply EQ in order for it to be as good as other K7 series for picking up footsteps.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but if you really like neutral, uncolored sound and don't mind saving up a bit more I'd jump on the CEntrance DACMini CX the next time it's on Massdrop (discounted to $400). In terms of quality, it competes against really expensive DAC/Amps at a much cheaper price. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 8:18 PM, StormEye said:

Yes, but not K712 Pro. You need to apply EQ in order for it to be as good as other K7 series for picking up footsteps.

what EQ settings you would recommend and since i'm using Amp/Dac  where do i apply those EQ settings ?

1 minute ago, xboxxx said:

what EQ settings you would recommend and since i'm using Amp/Dac  where do i apply those EQ settings ?

Kill Bass (as in no bass)

46 minutes ago, StormEye said:

Kill Bass (as in no bass)

do i download a software to apply EQ settings or is there any other way ?

If you are using onboard, you should have that Realtek software or whatever motherboard software for controlling EQ.

If you have a sound card, download appropriate software from the manufacturer.

If there are none (or you do not apply to any of the above mentioned situations) then you need to download other 3rd party softwares that control your OS's EQ.

Or, if you want to get fancy, you can purchase hardware EQ.

On 7/5/2017 at 10:49 AM, StormEye said:

If you are using onboard, you should have that Realtek software or whatever motherboard software for controlling EQ.

If you have a sound card, download appropriate software from the manufacturer.

If there are none (or you do not apply to any of the above mentioned situations) then you need to download other 3rd party softwares that control your OS's EQ.

Or, if you want to get fancy, you can purchase hardware EQ.

i am using schiit magni 2 and modi 2. So still i need to do EQ setup. If yes then how do you do it for these ?

4 hours ago, xboxxx said:

i am using schiit magni 2 and modi 2. So still i need to do EQ setup. If yes then how do you do it for these ?

Software EQ

EQ Hardware