How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,710 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

I want to punch you, Bell says they'll be upgrading our internet "within 15 years" ;)

3339254133.png

I'm with Bell Fiber 175/175, 15 years is near my friend! :o 

Christ on a bike. What are you uploading? I use roughly 2TB per month total traffic. That's a mix of super hd netflix on 2 smart TV's, my own plex media server for local and remote HD streaming and some torrent uploads. 

Many 720p, 1080p movies, music, games, Netflix, Streaming games...

3346908707.pngI think you guys will definitely like this! :D

Wow... 

3351199160.png

Current Build: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Windowed | i5-3570K | Asus GTX 660 Top @ 1200Mhz/6524Mhz | Asus P8-Z77V |

Corsair HX750 | WD Black 500 GB | Kingston HyperX Genesis 8 GB (2x4 GB)

3352111949.png

Aus Government is very pro they don't want us to have fiber and they on purposely throttle my internet :(

3352330831.png

Yes thats FO, it sucks over here... 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

3355489478.png

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

OH YES!!

I am going to get fiber soon!

Got a letter about it yesterday. Enough people in my area were interested so they will start digging down fiber (FTTH) in about 2 weeks. The entire thing will be done in ~14 weeks (as in, everything will be up and running and working). Up to 1Gbps, but that is expensive as hell so we will go for 100/10 or 100/100 (no data caps of course).

Finally I will move away from the god awful 8/1Mbps ADSL I use right now.

I will be able to download all my... Linux distros... so much faster!

OH YES!!

I am going to get fiber soon!

Got a letter about it yesterday. Enough people in my area were interested so they will start digging down fiber (FTTH) in about 2 weeks. The entire thing will be done in ~14 weeks (as in, everything will be up and running and working). Up to 1Gbps, but that is expensive as hell so we will go for 100/10 or 100/100 (no data caps of course).

Finally I will move away from the god awful 8/1Mbps ADSL I use right now.

I will be able to download all my... Linux distros... so much faster!

I am jelly, so your ISP will upgrade to Fiber if enough people are interested? Time to go door-to-door :)

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

I win this! First Result (Taken in the morning) 7n0D6.jpg

Second Result: To be done by Afternoon!

Third Result: To be done at night!

First Result ( Tried Again) 

Gotta Complain my ISP :( (Already did, they're nit doing the needful) 7n0ZB.jpg

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

3356892492.png

PC; CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3Ghz Akasa X4 Cooler - GPU: GTX GeForce 650Ti 2GB Palit - RAM: 16GB 1333Mhz Team Group Inc - HDD: 7500RPM Barracuda 500GB - PSU: G7 Extreme Power 780w PSU - KB & Mouse: Víglen Mech KB Acer Blacks - Logitech MX518 Mouse (1200 DPI) - Laptop; Dell M5040 Mobile Phone; Doogee Voyager DG300

Upload sucks :(

No hope now with the liberal government in power

3357154445.png

I am jelly, so your ISP will upgrade to Fiber if enough people are interested? Time to go door-to-door :)

Not exactly.

The municipality is the one that handles it. They are constantly digging down fiber cables in the city. Basically anyone who lives in the city has fiber. However, I live 10km outside the city, but at the beginning of the year they decided to ask the district (or whatever you want to call it, it's just ~1000 people living here, tops) if we were interested in fiber. They said that if ~60 households (about 30%) agreed to pay the equivalence of 20K USD (I took the liberty of including our more expensive prices, VAT and stuff like that in the conversion) then those households would get fiber (fiber to the home). Apparently enough people signed up so the ones that signed up will get fiber in ~15 weeks.

I didn't go door-to-door but I stopped every person I met while I was walking my dogs and discussed fiber with them. I made quite a few people change their minds (most people were actually negative to getting it, but most of them didn't understand what it was).

Right now we pay the equivalence of ~32 dollars for 8/1Mbps, and we pay about 60 pounds for all our TV channels, a month. With this, we can get 100/100, and most of the good TV channels we actually watch, for ~50 dollars a month. I am so excited.

Oh and one thing I really like about our (the city where I live) way of handling fiber is that it's the municipality that owns most of the fibers (there are a few places where there is ISPs that owns them). That means that pretty much any ISP can just contact them and ask if they can be an ISP. I got about 8 different ISPs to choose from, and all of them can deliver TV, at least 100/10Mbps speeds (some offer up to gigabit) and VoIP phones. No monopoly so the competition in regards to prices and services is very big.

Sorry for the long post but I am so excited!

Not exactly.

The municipality is the one that handles it. They are constantly digging down fiber cables in the city. Basically anyone who lives in the city has fiber. However, I live 10km outside the city, but at the beginning of the year they decided to ask the district (or whatever you want to call it, it's just ~1000 people living here, tops) if we were interested in fiber. They said that if ~60 households (about 30%) agreed to pay the equivalence of 20K USD (I took the liberty of including our more expensive prices, VAT and stuff like that in the conversion) then those households would get fiber (fiber to the home). Apparently enough people signed up so the ones that signed up will get fiber in ~15 weeks.

I didn't go door-to-door but I stopped every person I met while I was walking my dogs and discussed fiber with them. I made quite a few people change their minds (most people were actually negative to getting it, but most of them didn't understand what it was).

Right now we pay the equivalence of ~32 dollars for 8/1Mbps, and we pay about 60 pounds for all our TV channels, a month. With this, we can get 100/100, and most of the good TV channels we actually watch, for ~50 dollars a month. I am so excited.

Oh and one thing I really like about our (the city where I live) way of handling fiber is that it's the municipality that owns most of the fibers (there are a few places where there is ISPs that owns them). That means that pretty much any ISP can just contact them and ask if they can be an ISP. I got about 8 different ISPs to choose from, and all of them can deliver TV, at least 100/10Mbps speeds (some offer up to gigabit) and VoIP phones. No monopoly so the competition in regards to prices and services is very big.

Sorry for the long post but I am so excited!

Neat, wish my city of 300,000 could get it's shit together enough for fiber

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

3365027049.png

Jesus, looks like I'm moving to Springfield, VT