Trying to decide on a monitor

TheSuspenceful

I am currently looking for a monitor under $250. It must be 1080p, 144Hz, and 24". I came across 2 I really like. The Asus VG248QE, and the AOC G2460PF. I am trying to decide which one to buy. The AOC one is cheaper, and has Freesync(thinking of joining the red team), while the Asus one is without Freesync, and is a bit more expensive. However! The AOC Monitor has 4 stars and 344 reviews, while the Asus one has 4 1/2 stars at over 2,000 reviews. I also trust Asus a bit more, but the lower price and the Freesync on the AOC is very attractive. Which one should I buy? Or do you recommend any other monitor?

it's a giant mushroom... MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is the freesync atractive to you? You have a GTX 1070, you can't use freesync, that is only for AMD users.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Why is the freesync atractive to you? You have a GTX 1070, you can't use freesync, that is only for AMD users.

I have yet to buy a GPU. Currently running integrated graphics. Don't listen to my profile. Haha 

Just now, TheSuspenceful said:

I have yet to buy a GPU. Currently running integrated graphics. Don't listen to my profile. Haha 

I have had decent to poor experience with the customer support of AOC with my AG271QG. Might have to get it send in to check a problem when entering full screen. First request wasn't processed after I complained via E-mail a month later (says will be processed in 48 hours LUL) and now the RMA team has had me waiting for more than a week without any more than an automatic e-mail saying I will get another E-mail when processing of my request starts.
I have had a similarly bad story with my Asus laptop and driver support and also heard other say bad things about their support.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

10 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

What kind of games do you play?

Anything really. I am looking to play mainly shooters, RPGs, and strategy type games. Overwatch, Battlefield, Fallout, Civ VI, witcher III, and Endless Legend. 

My choice is the Acer XF240H. I'm not really a fan of AOC or Asus because of Quality Control issues. I'm not sure how if Acer is much better though.

19 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

My choice is the Acer XF240H. I'm not really a fan of AOC or Asus because of Quality Control issues. I'm not sure how if Acer is much better though.

Wow. I think I just found my new monitor! Thank You!