7.1 side speakers crackling/ticking

Go to solution Solved by 23ek1jelkejd10dsslk14,

I had similar problem with my subwoofer in 2.1 speakers connected to TV. Subwoofer was weirdly clicking and it turned out it was router(sic!) fault. I put router on the top of the subwoofer and the wifi signal interference was making subwoofer to click.

So move everything away from sub and see if it helps.

I also read that disconnecting some plugs from power outlet might help, like if You got speakers connected to ie. extension cord which also powers 10 other devices it may have influence on subwoofer.

Try also reversing subbwoofer plug in power outlet like turn it 180 degrees - it also may help

So I've got a bit of a janky setup. I've "custom" built my own 7.1 setup using a Logitech x-530 5.1 speaker set plugged into my mobo, and used another 2.1 Logitech set I had in the unused side speaker slot. It works fine, but the BASS speaker for the 2.1 set has a terrible clicking noise I would very much like to fix. I'm wondering if it's an amp issue because the sound from the side speakers seems quieter than the 5.1 set. Also, I have a FiiO olympus (external usb dac) that I use for my headphones, and that suffers from a very similar noise which in my research I have been told is a power issue as well.

My mobo is an MSI Z77A-G45 powered with an OCZ 550w fatal1ty psu. I've tried using a different Logitech 2.1 speaker set with no change. Do I just need to go for a soundcard? I've never shopped for an internal one before so what should I look for?

Thanks in advance :)

i5-3570K @4.3GHz Turbo w/ auto voltage

MSI Z77A-G45

Vengeance LP 2x4GB DDR3 2200MHz CL13

STRIX GTX 970 +180MHz Core clock +400MHz Memory Clock

MX500 500GB

CM h212+ w/ Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm @850 rpm

Lamptron FC9 \\ Cougar Turbine 120mm (4-pack) @800 rpm \\ NF-A12x15 PWM @1000 rpm

Antec One

Windows 10 Home

-----------------------------------------------

ASUS VG248QE 3D @144Hz

G710+ w/ Corsair PBT doubleshot keycaps + Double o-ring mod \\ G502 Spectrum

AKG K240 Studio w/ FiiO Olympus \\ Logitech X-530 + X-240 = Ghetto 7.1

I had similar problem with my subwoofer in 2.1 speakers connected to TV. Subwoofer was weirdly clicking and it turned out it was router(sic!) fault. I put router on the top of the subwoofer and the wifi signal interference was making subwoofer to click.

So move everything away from sub and see if it helps.

I also read that disconnecting some plugs from power outlet might help, like if You got speakers connected to ie. extension cord which also powers 10 other devices it may have influence on subwoofer.

Try also reversing subbwoofer plug in power outlet like turn it 180 degrees - it also may help

This was the exact kind of weird answer I'd never think of that I was hoping for. I moved my router which was situated about 2 feet from the subwoofer and it was indeed the source of the issue!

A million times thank you! You MIKEsome devil you!

muah :x

i5-3570K @4.3GHz Turbo w/ auto voltage

MSI Z77A-G45

Vengeance LP 2x4GB DDR3 2200MHz CL13

STRIX GTX 970 +180MHz Core clock +400MHz Memory Clock

MX500 500GB

CM h212+ w/ Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm @850 rpm

Lamptron FC9 \\ Cougar Turbine 120mm (4-pack) @800 rpm \\ NF-A12x15 PWM @1000 rpm

Antec One

Windows 10 Home

-----------------------------------------------

ASUS VG248QE 3D @144Hz

G710+ w/ Corsair PBT doubleshot keycaps + Double o-ring mod \\ G502 Spectrum

AKG K240 Studio w/ FiiO Olympus \\ Logitech X-530 + X-240 = Ghetto 7.1

2 hours ago, Momenaut said:

So I've got a bit of a janky setup. I've "custom" built my own 7.1 setup using a Logitech x-530 5.1 speaker set plugged into my mobo, and used another 2.1 Logitech set I had in the unused side speaker slot. It works fine, but the BASS speaker for the 2.1 set has a terrible clicking noise I would very much like to fix. I'm wondering if it's an amp issue because the sound from the side speakers seems quieter than the 5.1 set. Also, I have a FiiO olympus (external usb dac) that I use for my headphones, and that suffers from a very similar noise which in my research I have been told is a power issue as well.

My mobo is an MSI Z77A-G45 powered with an OCZ 550w fatal1ty psu. I've tried using a different Logitech 2.1 speaker set with no change. Do I just need to go for a soundcard? I've never shopped for an internal one before so what should I look for?

Thanks in advance :)

its because the side speakers aren't supposed to have a bass hooked to it