Should I play the prequel before the latest version?

mark_p8

Hey guys, thanks for reading my post.

So I was wondering if playing the prequel before the latest version of the game will change the experience.

At this moment I am playing GTA IV, I like the game because I played Vice City and San Andreas and finished both of them, I did not play the first GTA (top down view). Now I am looking for new game to play on single player, I think Witcher III is good and also Dark Souls III. I also played some The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim but did not finished it yet because so many things to do there.

Back to the question, do I need to play the past version of Witcher, Dark Souls, and The Elder Scrolls to be able to enjoy the game to its fullest?

EDIT: Additional question > should I play it with MOD or finish it first before playing it with MOD?

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

3 minutes ago, mark_p8 said:

Hey guys, thanks for reading my post.

So I was wondering if playing the prequel before the latest version of the game will change the experience.

At this moment I am playing GTA IV, I like the game because I played Vice City and San Andreas and finished both of them, I did not play the first GTA (top down view). Now I am looking for new game to play on single player, I think Witcher III is good and also Dark Souls III. I also played some The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim but did not finished it yet because so many things to do there.

Back to the question, do I need to play the past version of Witcher, Dark Souls, and The Elder Scrolls to be able to enjoy the game to its fullest?

Most of the games you mentioned are pretty self contained. GTA V is a no. Play the earlier ones sometime if you feel like it, but there's no real reason to.

Witcher. I'd recommend witcher 2, but not witcher 1 (completely different combat style in 1, and I didn't enjoy the gameplay)

Elder scrolls. No, not needed, and oblivion just feels really clunky after the more fluid skyrim. (if they finish skyblivion I'd recommend it because it was a decent story, it jut isn't needed to play skyrim)

Dark souls, not needed, but there's a lot of nods to the earlier games that you just won't understand without having played the earlier souls games, but no it's pretty self contained otherwise.

for Dark Souls, each game stands on its own. they're loosely connected in terms of lore but it shouldn't be too difficult. however Dark souls 3 references the 1st quite a bit, and i think you'll appreciate the lore/story a bit more if you played the 1st. nowadays dark souls 1 plays pretty well once you install fixes like Dsfix 

3 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

I'd recommend witcher 2, but not witcher 3

do you mean witcher 3, or 1? 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

do you mean witcher 3, or 1? 

oops. I meant witcher 1. thanks for the catch. I'll edit it now.

6 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

Most of the games you mentioned are pretty self contained. GTA V is a no. Play the earlier ones sometime if you feel like it, but there's no real reason to.

Witcher. I'd recommend witcher 2, but not witcher 1 (completely different combat style in 1, and I didn't enjoy the gameplay)

Elder scrolls. No, not needed, and oblivion just feels really clunky after the more fluid skyrim. (if they finish skyblivion I'd recommend it because it was a decent story, it jut isn't needed to play skyrim)

Dark souls, not needed, but there's a lot of nods to the earlier games that you just won't understand without having played the earlier souls games, but no it's pretty self contained otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

for Dark Souls, each game stands on its own. they're loosely connected in terms of lore but it shouldn't be too difficult. however Dark souls 3 references the 1st quite a bit, and i think you'll appreciate the lore/story a bit more if you played the 1st. nowadays dark souls 1 plays pretty well once you install fixes like Dsfix 

Hey thanks for giving me straight answer to my question you both gave me the answer I was looking for. Cheers!

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD