HTML embed feature

piemadd
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Any feature that would allow arbitrary HTML would have to be sandboxed, which takes a considerable amount of effort (and dedicated sandbox domains, etc), so it's not something that could just be added, and the work involved would make it not worth it. If you put your code on codepen, and paste the URL into the editor, it will embed, achieving the same end result. For example (just a random one from the homepage),

For posting about HTML code, I personally think It might be useful to be able to actually run HTML embed code, when it doesn't automatically embed, or doesn't support automatic embedding. What do you think?

i like trains 🙂

13 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

For posting about HTML code, I personally think It might be useful to be able to actually run HTML embed code, when it doesn't automatically embed, or doesn't support automatic embedding. What do you think?

Would really love this feature.

We had this at uni. All comp sci students went mental over it. There use to be tags that were visually horrible no longer in new spec, things like blinking text. We turned the web pages into a complete mess. It also leaves open some exploits

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Any feature that would allow arbitrary HTML would have to be sandboxed, which takes a considerable amount of effort (and dedicated sandbox domains, etc), so it's not something that could just be added, and the work involved would make it not worth it. If you put your code on codepen, and paste the URL into the editor, it will embed, achieving the same end result. For example (just a random one from the homepage),

HTTP/2 203

14 minutes ago, mikat said:

can you add support for jsbin?

Make a new thread for that

i like trains 🙂