Jumping the gun on this build... Look good?

Knaj
Just now, Knaj said:

Unsure right now, likely going to get an rx 580

If you do get the 8gb version. And if you want to overclock a Asus Strix

The geek himself.

Just now, Knaj said:

Okay. But other than the gpu is my build good?

Looks great!

The geek himself.

Looks flawless. Throw in a 8GB RX580 and you're golden.

Here is an option instead of a Wifi card to consider, and it also nicely compliments the white theme: Pick up the ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac motherboard instead. It features built in wifi, and only costs $10 more then your current B350 motherboard combined with the wifi card. I believe it is only available in the U.S. right now though. If you're not from there, probably won't work for you.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

4 minutes ago, Shadow6767 said:

Here is an option instead of a Wifi card to consider, and it also nicely compliments the white theme: Pick up the ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac motherboard instead. It features built in wifi, and only costs $10 more then your current B350 motherboard combined with the wifi card. I believe it is only available in the U.S. right now though. If you're not from there, probably won't work for you.

You can overclock better on this board

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

You can overclock better on this board

Really? That's the first I've heard that. What makes the B350 PC Mate better for overclocking?

And I mean...Ryzen is pretty limited with overclocking once you pass 3.9GHz which should be no problem on all if not most ATX boards.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

1 minute ago, Shadow6767 said:

Really? That's the first I've heard that. What makes the B350 PC Mate better for overclocking?

And I mean...Ryzen is pretty limited with overclocking once you pass 3.9GHz which should be no problem on all if not most ATX boards.

That PC MATE board has a A-XMP 1 click option that works like a freaking charm

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Shadow6767 said:

Ryzen benefits more from higher ram overclocks then cpu overclocks.

The geek himself.

7 minutes ago, Shadow6767 said:

I've heard of overclocking and RAM issues on that board, I'm sticking with what I know.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

That PC MATE board has a A-XMP 1 click option that works like a freaking charm

Ah, true, true.

3 minutes ago, Knaj said:

I've heard of overclocking and RAM issues on that board, I'm sticking with what I know.

Just food for thought. I've got the board and I've had no problems with overclocking. Made it to 4.0GHz, but tuned it down to 3.95 to run at a lower voltage that makes me feel a bit better inside. RAM issues exist, but they exist on every board...so it's luck of the draw really. I suppose it's always good to stick with what you know though, the PC Mate is one of the best B350s especially when taking price into consideration.