Asus PG348Q settings?

Hello all!

I have PG348Q and I'm playing with various color/brightness/contrast settings. It does have many Scenery Modes and they're all different, I guess if someone can use it out of the box is a pretty lucky man, otherwise manual calibration is a must :) On my model colors are pretty vibrant, everything looking much sharper than it is on Dell P2414H but somehow I feel that Gamma is too high...

What settings do you use for this monitor? 

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

13 minutes ago, Tic-Tac said:

I guess if someone can use it out of the box is a pretty lucky man, otherwise manual calibration is a must :) 

For a monitor of $1200+ to not be factory calibrated and supplied with calibration sheet has to be a joke? Both my Dell and Samsung panel came with this, and they were all <$400. Also, why the "connaisseur of picture quality" 'spiel', placing your acute senses above others without directly supporting this.

Your gamma issues are probably just high IPS glow.

1 hour ago, Tic-Tac said:

Hello all!

I have PG348Q and I'm playing with various color/brightness/contrast settings. It does have many Scenery Modes and they're all different, I guess if someone can use it out of the box is a pretty lucky man, otherwise manual calibration is a must :) On my model colors are pretty vibrant, everything looking much sharper than it is on Dell P2414H but somehow I feel that Gamma is too high...

What settings do you use for this monitor? 

Use the Windows Calibration tool,search "Calibrate Display Colour" in start search and it will guide you to calibrate the Colour,Gamma,everything that you want to be adjusted from Windows

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

For a monitor of $1200+ to not be factory calibrated and supplied with calibration sheet has to be a joke? Both my Dell and Samsung panel came with this, and they were all <$400. Also, why the "connaisseur of picture quality" 'spiel', placing your acute senses above others without directly supporting this.

Your gamma issues are probably just high IPS glow.

Yes I agree and yes, this monitor is maybe overpriced but I did not pay 1200$, it was ~700€ and for that price, this type of monitor with all that tech in it is more than worth it. IPS glow on this monitor is very tolerable to me, even in pitch dark scenes compared to Dell P2414H.

And this : "Also, why the "connaisseur of picture quality" 'spiel', placing your acute senses above others without directly supporting this." I will not even comment.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

4 minutes ago, Tic-Tac said:

And this : "Also, why the "connaisseur of picture quality" 'spiel', placing your acute senses above others without directly supporting this." I will not even comment.

You made the statement, not me.

How do you know it's gamma then? Do different settings of gamma impact it positively/adversely? Is the colorrange set to full? Nvidia has the tendency to sometimes set it to 'limited'.

It is gamma because playing with brightness does not makes things better, at 55% with R93, G97 and B99. And as far as I know, Nvidia and color range problem are sometimes affecting HDMI connection, I use DisplayPort.