Hot Air Rising

Pkai

Hey guys, i have a coolermaster storm enforcer case. The issue is that i can feel the warm air coming out of the case. The current fan setup is: 1 front fan and 1 rear (Default setup). The front fan is intake and there is cold air but i have no idea why i can feel the warm air hitting. I can't change its position since i don't have that much of a space. Is there any suggestion or should i get another case ? Temps are fine and normal.

Where is the warm air coming out from?

if it's from the exhaust fan, then that's exactly where it should be.

2 minutes ago, Pkai said:

but i have no idea why i can feel the warm air hitting

Hitting what? can you be more specific?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, Pkai said:

Hey guys, i have a coolermaster storm enforcer case. The issue is that i can feel the warm air coming out of the case. The current fan setup is: 1 front fan and 1 rear (Default setup). The front fan is intake and there is cold air but i have no idea why i can feel the warm air hitting. I can't change its position since i don't have that much of a space. Is there any suggestion or should i get another case ? Temps are fine and normal.

Ummmm that is totally normal. Power goes into your PC, heat and awesomeness comes out. Without fans and other cooling components, things will overheat. With them the heat must go somewhere ie out of the case

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

20 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Where is the warm air coming out from?

if it's from the exhaust fan, then that's exactly where it should be.

Hitting what? can you be more specific?

Yea there is warm air coming out from the rear fan which is normal but also at the top-front side of the case there is warm air coming out also and the warm air is hitting my face mostly :S

19 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

Ummmm that is totally normal. Power goes into your PC, heat and awesomeness comes out. Without fans and other cooling components, things will overheat. With them the heat must go somewhere ie out of the case

Any suggestion? Would be much appreciated.

Just now, Pkai said:

Yea there is warm air coming out from the rear fan which is normal but also at the top-front side of the case there is warm air coming out also and the warm air is hitting my face mostly :S

well as long as cool air is going in, warm air is going out, and your temps are reasonable I see no real reason to be worried.

also i have no idea where your face is, so it's hard to diagnose the problem with that info.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, Pkai said:

Any suggestion? Would be much appreciated.

are you sure you dont have fans in the top?

anyways this isnt a problem,warm air rises.

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

well as long as cool air is going in, warm air is going out, and your temps are reasonable I see no real reason to be worried.

also i have no idea where your face is, so it's hard to diagnose the problem with that info.

Maybe i can send you an image where the case is and maybe we can reach a solution?

Just now, Pkai said:

Maybe i can send you an image where the case is and maybe we can reach a solution?

Sure. if you want, post an image in this thread.

Desktop:

Laptop:

16 minutes ago, McHox said:

are you sure you dont have fans in the top?

anyways this isnt a problem,warm air rises.

There are no fans on the top and yea it is not a problem but it is annoying.

14 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Sure. if you want, post an image in this thread.

Ok will PM you with an image but not now because i can't. Thank you a lot.

1 minute ago, Pkai said:

Ok will PM you with an image but not now because i can't. Thank you a lot.

you can just post it here in this thread.

that way more people can see it, and more people can contribute to a solution.

but it's really not a big problem as long as temps are fine.

maybe tape off the place where hot air is coming from if it bothers you.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Ok will do. Thank you again.

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

maybe tape off the place where hot air is coming from if it bothers you

^

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

18 minutes ago, Pkai said:

Snip

you want your air to not come out of weird areas? build negative or neutral pressure. If the air is coming out of your case fast enough that its creating actual wind against your face then its because you have too much positive pressure in your case (or you have a fan causing the issue you're not considering, such as a CPU cooler). I would recommend turning both of your fans to exhausts if you merely want to avoid heat on your face. air will enter in through the cracks and out through the fans.

7 hours ago, Zyndo said:

you want your air to not come out of weird areas? build negative or neutral pressure. If the air is coming out of your case fast enough that its creating actual wind against your face then its because you have too much positive pressure in your case (or you have a fan causing the issue you're not considering, such as a CPU cooler). I would recommend turning both of your fans to exhausts if you merely want to avoid heat on your face. air will enter in through the cracks and out through the fans.

Thank you for your reply. Is this safe ? 

7 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Here is the pic. 

http://imgur.com/a/aiLD3

5 hours ago, Pkai said:

Here is the pic. 

http://imgur.com/a/aiLD3

Dunno maybe just tape off the hole where it's coming from. no other solution.

Desktop:

Laptop:

7 hours ago, Pkai said:

Thank you for your reply. Is this safe ? 

of course. negative pressure is totally fine. you will accumulate slightly more dust in your system over time, but its really not a big deal. all it means is you will have to clean your system a bit more often.

3 hours ago, Zyndo said:

of course. negative pressure is totally fine. you will accumulate slightly more dust in your system over time, but its really not a big deal. all it means is you will have to clean your system a bit more often.

I talked to the store that assembled the Pc and told them about the issue. They told me to bring the case. Do you think it is worth it to take the case to them? Like what could they do? 

15 minutes ago, Pkai said:

I talked to the store that assembled the Pc and told them about the issue. They told me to bring the case. Do you think it is worth it to take the case to them? Like what could they do? 

they could have a hands on look at the issue and maybe come up with a solution you or us cannot. there could be some other cause of the issue you have yet to describe to us. anything we suggest is merely a suggestion. having the problem physically in front of you is always easier to diagnose and fix than over a forum.