Installed new GPU 1070 pc does not boot up!!

i installed my new Gpu msi 1070 and at first it booted properly then after 30min my pc freeze and i have to shut it down by holding the power button and now when i start nothing comes on the screen my MOBO gives a beep very late and after that its just black screen all fans are moving properly. After that i tried installing my old GPU and it booted up perfectly normal. 
then again i tried running the 1070 by resetting the cmos battery and it worked then i installled my drivers but after 10-15 min it crashed again. 

My specs :-

MOBO :- Gigabyte h97m-d3h

CPU :- i5 4690 

Ram :- corsair 4x2 (1600mhz)

PSU :- corsar GS 600w 

HDD :- 1tb wd green

SSD:- samsung 850 evo 250 gb

old Gpu :- AMD HD 7870

Does the display work if connected to the MB?

Samuel Edwards

- IT Engineer and Media Producer -

Religious theology diploma and over half a dozen certificates in Advanced Computing and IT.

Current Project:   Mineral Oil Cooled PC

Just trying to be friendly and help where I can. Have yourself a great day!

Use @SamuelJE for friendly tech help :)

Main PC - "The Genesis"

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3

CPU     -   intel i5-6600K 4Ghz on water

GPU     -   MSI GTX970 "Red Dragon"

Case    -   Zalman Z11 Plus (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

SSD     -   Crucial 250GB SATA SSD

HDD    -    4TB WD Green x 2

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

Secondary PC - "Jonah"   (Mineral oil PC)

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-B250-DH1

CPU     -   intel i5-7500 Under Oil

GPU     -   Nvidia GTX 660 (Favorite and first ever GPU)

Case    -   A Fish Tank W/ Custom Engineered Mounting System (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

Just now, SamuelJE said:

Does the display work if connected to the MB?

Yea i currently using it via MB

So, your new GPU is installed in the system but your display is connected to the MOBO correct? If so, check your BIOS settings to make sure it isn't blocking the GPU outputs and defaulting to MOBO onboards.

Samuel Edwards

- IT Engineer and Media Producer -

Religious theology diploma and over half a dozen certificates in Advanced Computing and IT.

Current Project:   Mineral Oil Cooled PC

Just trying to be friendly and help where I can. Have yourself a great day!

Use @SamuelJE for friendly tech help :)

Main PC - "The Genesis"

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3

CPU     -   intel i5-6600K 4Ghz on water

GPU     -   MSI GTX970 "Red Dragon"

Case    -   Zalman Z11 Plus (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

SSD     -   Crucial 250GB SATA SSD

HDD    -    4TB WD Green x 2

Secondary PC - "Jonah"   (Mineral oil PC)

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-B250-DH1

CPU     -   intel i5-7500 Under Oil

GPU     -   Nvidia GTX 660 (Favorite and first ever GPU)

Case    -   A Fish Tank W/ Custom Engineered Mounting System (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

it's either faulty or improperly mounted in the slot. 

contact your place of purchase

idk

Just now, SamuelJE said:

So, your new GPU is installed in the system but your display is connected to the MOBO correct? If so, check your BIOS settings to make sure it isn't blocking the GPU outputs and defaulting to MOBO onboards.

Currently my GPU isn't installed i m using my PC via MB 
AS whenever i install the NEW GPU it does'nt even shows the BIOS screen 

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

it's either faulty or improperly mounted in the slot. 

contact your place of purchase

it booted up properly when i reset the CMos battery and CLR CMOS but after few minutes it crashed again

Just now, vinay yadav said:

it booted up properly when i reset the CMos battery and CLR CMOS but after few minutes it crashed again

GPU is definitely faulty - if it works without it, and it works with a more power hungry GPU, then the GPU is the issue here

idk

9 minutes ago, Sack said:

Did you remove the old drivers?

so at first i installed new gpu without removing the old drivers and when i turned my pc on it booted normaly after that i removed old amd driver from control panel. then installed new Nvidia drivers. can this be the reason for my problem. after the crash i removed my new gpu and startup my pc and uninstalled all drivers using DDU tool(earlier i don`t know about this) . and when i installed the gpu pc start nothing comes on the screen my MOBO gives a beep very late and after that its just black screen

16 minutes ago, vinay yadav said:

so at first i installed new gpu without removing the old drivers and when i turned my pc on it booted normaly after that i removed old amd driver from control panel. then installed new Nvidia drivers. can this be the reason for my problem. after the crash i removed my new gpu and startup my pc and uninstalled all drivers using DDU tool(earlier i don`t know about this) . and when i installed the gpu pc start nothing comes on the screen my MOBO gives a beep very late and after that its just black screen

I haven't heard of drivers killing a GPU, but you should always remove the old drivers before installing a new one, or else you're in for a world of problems.

13 minutes ago, Sack said:

I haven't heard of drivers killing a GPU, but you should always remove the old drivers before installing a new one, or else you're in for a world of problems.

so what should i do now is there any solution ?

26 minutes ago, vinay yadav said:

so what should i do now is there any solution ?

Probably an RMA issue now, honestly don't know what is wrong with it, but there is something wrong with it, so you should be able to get it exchanged.

1 hour ago, Sack said:

Probably an RMA issue now, honestly don't know what is wrong with it, but there is something wrong with it, so you should be able to get it exchanged.

OK THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

today i tried something with my new GPU i choose Intel HD 4000 as primary display while having my GPU connected my pc booted normally with it then i installed Drivers and checked it in Device manager it gave this error. after installing Drivers i tried booting with PCIE as primary display still same problem black screen  i have tried installing older driver too. Nothing seems to work 
But the thing is that my GPU is showing in device manager but i am unable to boot it with PCIE selected :/

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, vinay yadav said:

today i tried something with my new GPU i choose Intel HD 4000 as primary display while having my GPU connected my pc booted normally with it then i installed Drivers and checked it in Device manager it gave this error. after installing Drivers i tried booting with PCIE as primary display still same problem black screen  i have tried installing older driver too. Nothing seems to work 
But the thing is that my GPU is showing in device manager but i am unable to boot it with PCIE selected :/

Capture.PNG

take it back, error 43 is hardware faults 

idk

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:34 AM, vinay yadav said:

-snip-

I actually had this problem with my MSI Gaming X 1070 as well. It works as the primary adapter in my PC, but I moved it to my server, and the server would not accept it as a video output device. So I put the other EVGA FTW 1070 (Both were going to be in the server anyway) and that one worked. What's even weirder is that the MSI Gaming X works 100% fine as a render card in the second slot, despite not being able to be used as the primary video card.

I just couldn't figure out why it worked in my PC but not my server...According to my server motherboard debug code, the motherboard detected no video output available for the server.

i purchased it in a sale from amazon for 100$ discount. so i contacted them for replacement they told me that this product is not available. we can give you refund. so should i take the refund or Go for RMA. 

8 hours ago, vinay yadav said:

i purchased it in a sale from amazon for 100$ discount. so i contacted them for replacement they told me that this product is not available. we can give you refund. so should i take the refund or Go for RMA. 

Hmm, how much was the total price? I'd probably try RMA with MSI.