Audio cutting in and out rapidly

Rallenhayestime

I use a TV for audio and do not have any headphones plugged in. my audio spams me with headphones that are apparently being plugged in and taken out really fast! My sound does fine when I first start up the computer but after a bit it cuts in and out so rapidly that the popup volume box looks like a strobe light (OK kind of exaggerating but it does this about every other second). Nothing works, tried switching ports, updated drivers, deleted drivers, reinstalled drivers, changed every thing I could find and NOTHING works!!!!

UPDATE: every time I try to disable it a pop-up says "
Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working"

20170513_190503[1].mp4

Well, do you know where the headphones are being connected? Front io, back io? My guess is that one of the audio jacks either for the motherboard or the case is broken, and that is making the pc think that there is some audio playback device being plugged in, even though it's not.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but if you set the TV as the default audio output device, the headphone glitch shouldn't stop audio and what not. 

That's my guess on the situation. 

I agree with dwang. If you should be able to track down the source. Worst case scenario, I would go into your device manager and manually deactivate a sound device to see if that would help. You may have a short or something somewhere causing issues in your ports.