Netgear R700 help

Hello, 

I am in need of some help. I do online gaming and as such I am banned from certain websites for a period of time.  However I am looking to once again partake in activities on these sites (gamebattles for example).  I understand that the netgear r700 offers a vpn service.  From what I understand gamebattles checks the ip of those connecting to its site.  Would the VPN from the nighthawk allow me to conceal my identity when accessing this site.  How does the vpn work in simple terms.  Thank you again for your help, I am but a sapling seeking to learn.

Just now, NoobCase said:

You also sound like you are asking for help trying to bypass those websites rules that got you banned in the first place. 

Take your our punishment and stop griefing ;)

I would if I had rightfully been banned.  A member who held premium membership made fake proof against me and got me banned, thus I seek help.

Just now, ArchetypeGameplay said:

I would if I had rightfully been banned.  A member who held premium membership made fake proof against me and got me banned, thus I seek help.

Do you really want to be a place where something like that can happen?

10 minutes ago, ArchetypeGameplay said:

Hello, 

I am in need of some help. I do online gaming and as such I am banned from certain websites for a period of time.  However I am looking to once again partake in activities on these sites (gamebattles for example).  I understand that the netgear r700 offers a vpn service.  From what I understand gamebattles checks the ip of those connecting to its site.  Would the VPN from the nighthawk allow me to conceal my identity when accessing this site.  How does the vpn work in simple terms.  Thank you again for your help, I am but a sapling seeking to learn.

Just buy a VPN and you are good to go.

It has been advertised heavily here, or you could always check https://thatoneprivacysite.net/.

1 minute ago, dlink377 said:

Just buy a VPN and you are good to go.

It has been advertised heavily here, or you could always check https://thatoneprivacysite.net/.

I would but I have just spent over a hundred on the router and am really hoping it can help.

1 minute ago, ArchetypeGameplay said:

I would but I have just spent over a hundred on the router and am really hoping it can help.

I've done a short google search and cannot find any free vpn service offered by your router manufacturer.

However, you could always buy a VPN and set it up on your router so you can use VPN on your whole network (I don't really recommend this).

The von function on your router is a VPN Server meaning you can set it up to let you connect to you own network and be as if on your own network externally. To do what you want you will need a VPN site that you connect to in order to seem like you are not coming from your own IP address 

1 minute ago, dlink377 said:

I've done a short google search and cannot find any free vpn service offered by your router manufacturer.

However, you could always buy a VPN and set it up on your router so you can use VPN on your whole network (I don't really recommend this).

On their genie page, on advanced setup, there seems to be a vpn service.  also if not my whole network, then how would you recommend going about concealing my ip.

The router has the means to utilise a VPN service but does not act as one on its own. You'd need to purchase a license for a VPN service or find a free one. It most likely works based on the OpenVPN platform, so you'd need a VPN provider that supports OpenVPN integration. You'd then need to setup the properties for the VPN service in your router. The properties to do this varies from provider to provider, so you'd need to follow their instructions for that. 

That being said, there's no reason to set it up through your router. A desktop application would work just as well. 

We'll help with VPN related stuff, but for specifically bypassing a ban implemented by a website, there's a limit to what we're allowed to help with. Depending on the type of service it is, there's a chance it's not just an IP ban, but an account GUID ban or something similar. 

Just now, ArchetypeGameplay said:

On their genie page, on advanced setup, there seems to be a vpn service.  also if not my whole network, then how would you recommend going about concealing my ip.

back to my previous point, buy a VPN service. there are no other ways to conceal your IP.

You could always try free VPN for short use.

Or find proxy address on internet and set it on firefox if you only need to conceal IP in your browser.

~Merged two identical threads.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

15 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The router has the means to utilise a VPN service but does not act as one on its own. You'd need to purchase a license for a VPN service or find a free one. It most likely works based on the OpenVPN platform, so you'd need a VPN provider that supports OpenVPN integration. You'd then need to setup the properties for the VPN service in your router. The properties to do this varies from provider to provider, so you'd need to follow their instructions for that. 

That being said, there's no reason to set it up through your router. A desktop application would work just as well. 

We'll help with VPN related stuff, but for specifically bypassing a ban implemented by a website, there's a limit to what we're allowed to help with. Depending on the type of service it is, there's a chance it's not just an IP ban, but an account GUID ban or something similar. 

You are correct as I have seen the openvpn bit in the instructions.  With that being said I look to do it through my router as I seek to be anonymous through all my devices as opposed to just my pc.  Is this possible if done through the router? Also as far as the ban, it is merely an IP ban, nothing more.

12 minutes ago, ArchetypeGameplay said:

You are correct as I have seen the openvpn bit in the instructions.  With that being said I look to do it through my router as I seek to be anonymous through all my devices as opposed to just my pc.  Is this possible if done through the router? Also as far as the ban, it is merely an IP ban, nothing more.

If you configure it through your router, any outgoing traffic on your network will be anonymous (or, at least as anonymous as you can get with a VPN). Take a look at a VPN provider like PIA, they should have guides for setting things up through OpenVPN. There are some free VPN services, but they tend to be slow or have a bunch of limits in place.