Gaming RIG Ryzen 1700 OC vs i7 7700k for CSGO

I have been thinking about building a gaming rig since a long time. Below are the things which i will be doing with this new Rig.

1. Most of the time i will be playing competitive CSGO on a 144hz monitor.

2. I will be streaming CSGO game play on YouTube or Twitch.

3. I will create CSGO related video content for my main YouTube channel.

I want at least  170 fps on 1080p resolution while streaming. I know that single core performance of i7 7700k is better then r1700 but r1700 is better when it comes to streaming and video editing. I have watched many YouTube videos related to these 2 cpus but now i am really confused after watching many videos and reading reviews on Reddit (thanks to fucking biased communities) . I don't want this cpu to be a heater as well because i had really bad experience with AMD cpus in the past and  at the same time i don't want to make my buy decision based on the future performance improvements (i still remember AMD'S promise when they released octa core cpu in 2012 which was never fulfilled). 

please help me to make the right decision because both the processors need different motherboards  and if i make a wrong decision it will be a complete mesh .

Which GPU will you be using? If you are going to get a 7700K/1700 with a 1070, I would recommend a 1080 with an R5 1600.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Since you're streaming&video editing I would recommend a 1700, since the extra cores really help. While the 7700k beats the ryzen cpu by a large margin they're both well over 200 fps anyways so that doesn't really matter.

Ryzen isn't a heater like some of the fx cpus, it sounds like the perfect cpu for you.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Hmm, what is your GPU?  In my humble opinion the r7 is the better option because of streaming 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, DocSwag said:

Since you're streaming&video editing I would recommend a 1700, since the extra cores really help. While the 7700k beats the ryzen cpu by a large margin they're both well over 200 fps anyways so that doesn't really matter.

Ryzen isn't a heater like some of the fx cpus, it sounds like the perfect cpu for you.

CS GO favors more cores iirc

rip

Just now, DocSwag said:

Ryzen makes all X99 CPUs look like space heaters TBH :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Ryzen makes all X99 CPUs look like space heaters TBH :P

I'm kinda impressed with AMD's power efficiency TBH, especially when Intel is using superior lithography...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I'm kinda impressed with AMD's power efficiency TBH, especially when Intel is using superior lithography...

Well the cores are clocked lower, which helps with power consumption. Remember, the 7700K is clocked at 4.5GHz out of the box. And I am not really surprised TBH, X99 CPUs weren't designed with power efficiency in mind... :D

Edited by PCGuy_5960
Autocorrect

Thank you all for quick responses. I am thinking about GTX 1070  for GPU. GTX 1080 is out of my budget and R5 is hexa core if i am right. so between R5 1600 and R7 1700 i think R7 1700 is better for my requirements (correct me if i am wrong). i want to get min 170 fps while streaming which i am not sure whether this i will get on Ryzen 1700 as i saw some YouTube video which showed around 180 fps without any streaming.

22 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Which GPU will you be using? If you are going to get a 7700K/1700 with a 1070, I would recommend a 1080 with an R5 1600.

I will be using GTX 1070 as GTx 1080 is way out of my budget. R5 1600 is hexa core so i think R7 1700 will be a better choice for my requirements. what you say?

23 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Hmm, what is your GPU?  In my humble opinion the r7 is the better option because of streaming 

I will be using GTX 1070. so will i get 170 fps on Ryzen while streaming?

2 minutes ago, indianbiceps said:

I will be using GTX 1070 as GTx 1080 is way out of my budget. R5 1600 is hexa core so i think R7 1700 will be a better choice for my requirements. what you say?

The 1600 is fine for your needs if you want to save $100. But if you want the best possible streaming performance, you should get a 1700

18 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Well the cores are clocked lower, which helps with power consumption. Remember, the 7700K is clocked at 4.5GHz out of the box. And I am not really surprised TBH, X99 CPUs weren't designed with power efficiency in mind... :D

1800x is still less power than stock 6900k tho :P 

Makes sense tho

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

1800x is still less power than stock 6900k tho :P 

Makes sense tho

I know, but the 6900K was intended to be a balls to the wall, top end, enthusiast grade CPU :PSo power efficiency was thrown out the window (5960X is still better tho)

30 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Yup for streaming and video streaming i agree that Ryzen is better choice but i am really worried about fps while streaming on Ryzen. I don't want fps lower then 170 fps because that will make streaming experience  bitter.

Just now, indianbiceps said:

Yup for streaming and video streaming i agree that Ryzen is better choice but i am really worried about fps while streaming on Ryzen. I don't want fps lower then 170 fps because that will make streaming experience  bitter.

It's getting like 300 fps anyways, not a big deal :P 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, indianbiceps said:

There is no way you will be getting less than 170FPS in CS:GO while streaming ;)

16 minutes ago, indianbiceps said:

I will be using GTX 1070. so will i get 170 fps on Ryzen while streaming?

I would get a GTX 1080/1080 ti and a 1600.  This will give you the best case scenario for streaming

17 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

It's getting like 300 fps anyways, not a big deal :P 

17 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

There is no way you will be getting less than 170FPS in CS:GO while streaming ;)

OK  thx guys. i got skeptical after watching  below video on YouTube. Lowest fps in this video is 200 fps but he is playing death match on dust2. so i was worried about other maps like Nuke where FPS is like 50-60 fps lower then other maps like dust2. I think it will be fine on 5v5 compititive match on any map.

12 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I would get a GTX 1080/1080 ti and a 1600.  This will give you the best case scenario for streaming

OC frequency of both 1600 and 1700 is almost same plus i will be doing video editing as well. I will surely consider this option before making my final  decision. isn't streaming CPU intensive  compare to GPU intensive?. the only advantage i see here by using GTX 1080 is that some of the video editing soft wares use GPU power as well for video editing but i might be wrong due to my limited knowledge on the subject.

54 minutes ago, indianbiceps said:

OC frequency of both 1600 and 1700 is almost same plus i will be doing video editing as well. I will surely consider this option before making my final  decision. isn't streaming CPU intensive  compare to GPU intensive?. the only advantage i see here by using GTX 1080 is that some of the video editing soft wares use GPU power as well for video editing but i might be wrong due to my limited knowledge on the subject.

The gpu would merely be giving you extra frames in more games.  This would increase the quality of your streams :)