UV CCFL vs UV LED Lights - Someone who already tested

What are you trying to say?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

What are you trying to say?

Which is the best...
Which one i buy...

I used to work as an RMA handler for a company that retails CCFL tubes and LEDs and I can tell you CCFL is pretty crap. It'll burn out within a year of use and be all flickery-looking until then. LED is way more solid and long-lasting.

When it comes to quality of the LED bulbs, you usually get more when you pay more. You see, bulbs that emit UV light, also emit visible purple light. The cheaper it is, the less the manufacturer is doing to cut down the amount of purple light and enhance the UV light. But consumer lights obviously don't come in super high intensity anyway. You'd need industrial-strength and quality lights to see effects like they appear to be in product pictures.

So basically my two cents is, they're all less than perfect, LED beats CCFL hands down any day and better units are better. Your best option is to set your expectations low and get what you can afford from a manufacturer you trust.

4 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

I used to work as an RMA handler for a company that retails CCFL tubes and LEDs and I can tell you CCFL is pretty crap. It'll burn out within a year of use and be all flickery-looking until then. LED is way more solid and long-lasting.

When it comes to quality of the LED bulbs, you usually get more when you pay more. You see, bulbs that emit UV light, also emit visible purple light. The cheaper it is, the less the manufacturer is doing to cut down the amount of purple light and enhance the UV light. But consumer lights obviously don't come in super high intensity anyway. You'd need industrial-strength and quality lights to see effects like they appear to be in product pictures.

So basically my two cents is, they're all less than perfect, LED beats CCFL hands down any day and better units are better. Your best option is to set your expectations low and get what you can afford from a manufacturer you trust.

I already are going to spend almost 1000 dollars on a UV custom  water cooler so... 
which one do you recommend? 

Some UV LED's don't work with some UV dyes. Cold Cathodes are a safer choice for compatibility with your loop; LED's are better from a reliability point of view. Which coolant are you using?

CCFL is still a thing? I didnt think there would still be a market for people who enjoy coil whine and failed tubes.

LED lasers are the best. Buy a pack of 100 for a few dollars and a bag of resistors for a few dollars. Or be lazy and buy a LED strip that does not have lasers

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I use these and they work pretty well:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/darkside-connect-dimmable-12-modular-led-strip-uv-rev4-balanced.html

These also come in a dual ended connection variation so you chain up to 4 of those strips using a single powersource.

I have tried CCFL before but it was total crap...

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B