computer keeps locking up.

so, im haveing a lot of problems with my computer but after a BIOS update it refused to boot, think i found why, it wont let me even select the SSD as the boot drive.. just my main storage HDD and my CD burner. all my 3 other harddrives show up in the BIOS storage configurator just fine but not in the boot menue.. anyone know how to fix it?

i have tried:

graphics driver update(clean reinstall using DDU)

updateing BIOS

swapping CPU(I5 4690K to I7 4790K)

changeing around SATA cables

finding a meaning to my life now that i cant play games at 1440p

diableing all overclocks

finding any logic or something to the freezes

looking through event viewer(nothing major mentioned)

i dont even know what happens because taskmanager dosent work, its not like totaly frozen eiter, its just mostly frozen to the point where the system is useless. you can still move stuff around and navigate your desktops but interacting with any programs or the desktop is insainly slow. the only thing i can think of is that it all started after a BSOD, i have had a few with the same error before "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" which can be almost anything but usiaully harddrives, but i doubt its that seeing as all my drives are in good health when i checked about a week back and i have gotten this BSOD when playing Paladins and Paladins only. never else does the system crash. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

would think that a BIOS reinstall would do that for you but sure, thats not an error im getting anymore though. now its just freezing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

would think that a BIOS reinstall would do that for you but sure, thats not an error im getting anymore though. now its just freezing

if all else fails reinstall. 

if all else fails reinstall. 

yah i just kind of want to avoid doing that, i dont really want to loose all my registery hacking to nuke windows update and the telemetry, takes quite a while to do and i dont even remember it all :/

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah i just kind of want to avoid doing that, i dont really want to loose all my registery hacking to nuke windows update and the telemetry, takes quite a while to do and i dont even remember it all :/

i understand but it sounds like something is messed up. 

i understand but it sounds like something is messed up. 

congrats on 9k posts! anyway yah i will, just want to see if anything else comes up first. i already have a USB ready lol

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

congrats on 9k posts! anyway yah i will, just want to see if anything else comes up first. i already have a USB ready lol

thx, do you have a backup of your system? 

thx, do you have a backup of your system? 

nope, i keep backups of very few things but most of my stuff is on a 1TB HDD or my RAID0 of 150GB HDDs so loosing all my shit isnt much of a problem, its mostly just system configuration i would loose. i also have no backup to restore from either if you wonder, i dont have the money to keep one around

Builds:

Spoiler

what OS and mobo.....

I think its a uefi bios setting prob

8 hours ago, jools said:

what OS and mobo.....

I think its a uefi bios setting prob

OS is windows 10 and the motherboard is an ASRock Z97 annaversairy

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, jools said:

a few suggestions in here

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2163637/ssd-show-boot-priority-asus-z97-pro.html

read all before attempting fixes

hope it helps

oh well it boots into windows just fine now, that was just a matter of pressing F11 and selecting the SSD, the main problem still presists though.

Builds:

Spoiler

in win 10 I believe task manager is a downloadable app.....bring back win 7 I say

Just now, jools said:

in win 10 I believe task manager is a downloadable app.....bring back win 7 I say

no its not... taskmanager is an essential feature that can always be reached by pressing ctrl + shift + esc, why would you ship windows without it? either way untill i find a fix il be trying out Linux, Paladins aparently runs fine using Wine so i think il just play it that way

Builds:

Spoiler