MSI B350 TOMAHAWK vs ASRock - AB350M Pro4

Hi need help picking a good MB for the the build I'm working on.

MSI B350 TOMAHAWK vs ASRock - AB350M Pro4

This two are my options, but if you have anything else to recommend on the same price range pls let me know

I would go ASUS but from the two choices i would choose the MSI.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

22 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I would go ASUS but from the two choices i would choose the MSI.

I think he asked which board is better, not which brand you prefer. MSI, Asus and ASRock are all great brands.

To the owner of this thread: Both are great boards. The AB350 Pro4 is a bit cheaper and the Tomahawk has got a few extra small features and looks way nicer. Go with the AB350 Pro4 if you're on a tight budget, go with the Tomahawk if you don't mind spending the tiny bit extra and want some style in your build.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

1 hour ago, ventus0907 said:

---gone--

This two are my options, but if you have anything else to recommend on the same price range pls let me know

58 minutes ago, Shadow6767 said:

I think he asked which board is better, not which brand you prefer. MSI, Asus and ASRock are all great brands.

To the owner of this thread: Both are great boards. The AB350 Pro4 is a bit cheaper and the Tomahawk has got a few extra small features and looks way nicer. Go with the AB350 Pro4 if you're on a tight budget, go with the Tomahawk if you don't mind spending the tiny bit extra and want some style in your build.

So to you the above means what exactly?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Buildzoid went through all the B350 boards, I think he said the Asrock AB350M Pro4 had the most current capability (VRM's are 3 phase with doubled components).  But pretty much any of them would be fine with an R5 being used reasonably.

I have the Asrock coming in the mail for my build.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

i'd say go with the asrock, surfing through a lot of forums I've seen some problems with msi's mbs compatibility with ryzen 5, and asrock pro4 has been the one with less problems so far, plus you can sell it and buy another one in the future when am4 compatibilities get an update

1 hour ago, Habby said:

i'd say go with the asrock, surfing through a lot of forums I've seen some problems with msi's mbs compatibility with ryzen 5, and asrock pro4 has been the one with less problems so far, plus you can sell it and buy another one in the future when am4 compatibilities get an update

Also:  If you require mATX, the Asrock AB350M Pro4 definitely seems to be the way to go.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.