Considering buying a new monitor.

Senenter

Hi guys!

I am currently looking into a new monitor and the BL2420PT from BenQ caught my eye (Webpage of the monitor: http://www.benq.nl/product/monitor/bl2420pt/ )

For reference of my system this the Pcpartpicker link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/W7d3M8 (Note: My old monitor also runs on 75hz instead of 60hz)

Considerng gaming the only real intense shooter i play is Overwatch(i do play competetive but i am not aiming to get like grandmaster or anyything) and wondered if i really get that much extra out of getting a 144hz monitor. Other than Overwatch i dont play alot of fast paced games. I also plan to use the monitor for Video and photo editting related stuff.

What are your thoughts and if you have any recommendations i would gladly see them! (Price range for me is about €280)

Thanks!

LG 24" 24GM77

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

LG 24" 24GM77

Looks good! But i am not really a fan of TN panels, i know they offer higher refresh rates but i dont think i can get a lot of value out of it with my current GPU. Still waiting for Volta to release and then i will buy a new GPU

At that price point you won't find a 144hz IPS panel, so if video and photo editing is important to you I'd forget about that and just get a nice IPS display.

Don't really know any to recommend, but if the refresh rate of your current monitor is fine for your usage now I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Does you mum know you're here?

6 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

At that price point you won't find a 144hz IPS panel, so if video and photo editing is important to you I'd forget about that and just get a nice IPS display.

Don't really know any to recommend, but if the refresh rate of your current monitor is fine for your usage now I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Then i guess i will go wit the BenQ it has the same refesh rate (75hz) / same reaction time (5ms). and its a 1440p ips display. + it also covesr 100% of SRGb. And i really love the sturdy stand it has. And its  bit brighter than my LG. Though i dont know the difference between IPS and AH-IPS (What my LG uses. 

So you are a colour guy OP? OK I get it. I'll report when I find it

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

So you are a colour guy OP? OK I get it. I'll report when I find it

I do alot of media consumption in the form of series and movies etc ((video editting for school etc) , So yeah i guess im a colour guy. Shoud have said that at beginning of the thread i guess :P 

1 minute ago, raider009 said:

Hmmm looks nice! I'll add it to my list with monitors to consider :)

It is on your budget right? Then go gather monitor specs at least 3 up to 7 or more. That means 6 more if you don't mind

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :