Help with GTX 780

Meshkis
Go to solution Solved by Meshkis,

So i took my system to shop and asked to test it and turned out that the PCI-E connector on the motherboard was defective they tried 5 different graphics cards in the system and only one of them connected properly.

Hi i just recently bought new system , built it myself everything went well with the exception that when i try to connect my monitor directly from gpu connector my monitor fails to detect signal . Once i try to connect to onboard connector everything works fine ( i also have to remove graphics card completly from the system ) . By now i tried to change cables from DVI-I to VGA ( i think thats how its called) also updated my BIOS and cleared CMOS nothing worked .

My specs

MSI Z87-G43

Intel i5 4670K

Corsair CX750m

MSI GTX 780 Lightning

PS. Sorry for my bad english

I'm not 100% sure but I heard somewhere that you can enable/disable the onboard graphics to enable the dedicated graphics.

They shouldn't need to manually disable on-board graphics on the motherboard in the first place, that's taken care of automatically? It sounds like a problem with the port on the card to me.

I'll try disableing onboard graphics but as far as i seen there is no such thing in BIOS , just going to take a look again

There was option to setting primary graphics card boot to integrated or deticated one but it was already set to deticated.

I've heard of folks having issues with weak DVI cables, or not having a cable that supports dual link dvi....just throwing something out there

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H || CPU: Intel Core i7 3570k @4.2GHZ || COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo || RAM: 16GB GSkill Sniper Gaming Series  || PSU: Corsair HX750 80+ Gold || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780 Ghz Edition || MONITOR: Asus PB278Q || HDDs: x1 WD 1TB Black x1 WD Black 500GB || SSD: OCZ Agility 3 240gb || KEYBOARD & MOUSE: Corsair K60, Corsair M90 || CASE: Rosewill Thor V2 White

I managed to boot to windows with deticated card installed however windows does not detect that card at all. In BIOS it actualy shows up .

So i took my system to shop and asked to test it and turned out that the PCI-E connector on the motherboard was defective they tried 5 different graphics cards in the system and only one of them connected properly.