Computer wont even turn on

jdaprile18

i built a pc with a 500 watt psu that works ,(i tried the by pass and the fan went on) but when i plug it in and turn it on nothing elese turns on, its a really old case so it could be the power witch

Are the front panel connectors plugged in correctly?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

i think so, a pin on my cpu snapped off, butt i dont think thats the problem cause it should still turn on

3 minutes ago, jdaprile18 said:

i think so, a pin on my cpu snapped off, butt i dont think thats the problem cause it should still turn on

Depends what the pin that snapped was for, if it was something important, it won't turn on

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

no it will turn on, just imedaitly turn off

5 minutes ago, jdaprile18 said:

The system should still power on, and fans will spin if the board is getting power / a signal to turn on. I would just use a screwdriver to jump the power pins on the board and see if it works. If not, than you'll want to check if the power supply works. Here's a video showing how:

If the power supply doesn't turn on, it's dead. If it does, check your MB with another power supply (if you have one lying around) and see if you can get it to work. 

the power supply works, and the motherboard is new

i think it might be the switch on the case

2 minutes ago, jdaprile18 said:

i think it might be the switch on the case

Like i said, try just using a screwdriver to jump the power pins on the MB to see if it will fire up. Your manual (and sometimes a diagram on the board) will tell you which 2 pins are the pos and neg for the power switch. Just put something metal between them to jump the connection. 

ok ill put a paper clip between them, if the cpu is broken will it still turn on?

its a new motherboard, it cant be anything on the mb

14 minutes ago, jdaprile18 said:

ok ill put a paper clip between them, if the cpu is broken will it still turn on?

Hello!

May I question is it not clear to what is causing the issue yet to you? You broke off a pin on a CPU for goodness sake, no wonder your poor system won't boot or post, without going into depth!

If you have a warranty of some sort, I would utilise of it immediately.

...I actually cannot believe that you didn't think that was a potential issue. Wow. Sorry to be rude but wow. 

Aside from that, you can purchase intentionally designed jumping pieces on eBay UK for less than 50p, to avoid further damage to any components using a  paper clip contraption. 

But practically there is no point messing with your motherboard since the core issue has been found.

just wow, wow.

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

dude, i have a pc that will start and run that is missing FOUR pins, it can still work, it should at least turn on

11 minutes ago, jdaprile18 said:

its a new motherboard, it cant be anything on the mb

This is not impossible. There are manufacture defects and sometimes you'll get a dead-on-arrival board. It happens, and this is why warranties exist. But you will likely have to buy a new CPU because you broke a pin off. The pins are incredibly important and the CPU may not function. The system will still turn on the fans but it will not post or boot due to the broken CPU (more than likely).

again, the pins are not as important as you may think, i have a pc running with 4 pins missing, anyways, im gonna take this in to a computer place so they can charge me 50 to tell me that im screwed

most of the pins are grounding or power pins, you can run a pc without a few grounding pins and sometimes even a power pin