Best small form factor PC?

Hey guys,

Ive been thinking about getting a new PC for a while now. Since I travel a lot, it needs to be fairly small. I travel with the original Xbox One which is quite big so I'd like to have something slightly smaller than that.
The Asus Trident 3 looks quite good, its a bit too "Gamer" looking for me but I wouldnt really mind it too much. 
However, I thought I'd ask you guys which small form factor PC you think is the best?

There are a couple of things that I am looking for. It needs to be able to fit a 1080. It doesnt have to be the massive founder edition one but a solid 1080 should fit. 

There are a lot of fancy "designer" small PCs that charge a massive premium for what ever reason, Im not really looking for something like that. For all I care, it can be a small black box with a power button. 

Thanks for any suggestions

Node 202? If you don't mind waiting then the DAN A4-SFX v1.

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Node 202? If you don't mind waiting then the DAN A4-SFX v1.

Damn, the Node 202 is a nice little box. Around 70£ in the UK. A bit pricey for such a small case but does look very good to be fair.

What about prebuilt ones? While I don't mind building it my self, if I can have someone else do it for me for an acceptable cost, I wouldnt object to that :D

1 minute ago, Cheesus182 said:

Damn, the Node 202 is a nice little box. Around 70£ in the UK. A bit pricey for such a small case but does look very good to be fair.

What about prebuilt ones? While I don't mind building it my self, if I can have someone else do it for me for an acceptable cost, I wouldnt object to that :D

Other than the MSI Trident that you mentioned, there are some from Asus but they look 'gamery' as well

https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/Desktops-Products/?_ga=2.246276039.2114183077.1494288789-1253163071.1472841180

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Other than the MSI Trident that you mentioned, there are some from Asus but they look 'gamery' as well

https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/Desktops-Products/?_ga=2.246276039.2114183077.1494288789-1253163071.1472841180

For those prices and that design I might stick with building my own in a Node 202.

Although, based on the rumored specs of the Xbox Scorpio, I wonder if it makes sense to buy a PC at the moment? If they manage to price the scorpio at 400£, then perhaps its a better value for money system at this time?
I play games casually but Im just a bit tired of seriously outdated graphics on consoles but it seems like the scorpio might actually be powerful enough to hold its own for a few years, right?

4 minutes ago, Cheesus182 said:

For those prices and that design I might stick with building my own in a Node 202.

Although, based on the rumored specs of the Xbox Scorpio, I wonder if it makes sense to buy a PC at the moment? If they manage to price the scorpio at 400£, then perhaps its a better value for money system at this time?
I play games casually but Im just a bit tired of seriously outdated graphics on consoles but it seems like the scorpio might actually be powerful enough to hold its own for a few years, right?

we'll see. I'm planning on getting a scorpio if it turns out to be good too if it can play 4k games well so I can take full advantage of my TV. But I doubt It'll use hardware equivelent to even a 1070 as the goal will probably be 4k60fps at console graphics. A rx480 can do that.

5 hours ago, Cheesus182 said:

However, I thought I'd ask you guys which small form factor PC you think is the best?

Look for small cases like Silverstone SG13/ML07/ML08 and build your own PC

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I'm a big fan of the Sugo SG09 by Silverstone, i have a pfSense router that i'm going to build inside it and a little bit further down the road, i'll be moving my main system to one of those as well.

PS: Due to size these are often advertised as an "m-itx" chassis, but in reality its an m-atx chassis. This thing is a miracle in miniaturization, you can a have an SLI/Crossfire, up to 4 SSDs (not counting NVME), an optical drive, a 1000w+ modular PSU and a full height CPU cooler inside of it, all at the same time.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

1 hour ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I'm a big fan of the Sugo SG09 by Silverstone, i have a pfSense router that i'm going to build inside it and a little bit further down the road, i'll be moving my main system to one of those as well.

PS: Due to size these are often advertised as an "m-itx" chassis, but in reality its an m-atx chassis. This thing is a miracle in miniaturization, you can a have an SLI/Crossfire, up to 4 SSDs (not counting NVME), an optical drive, a 1000w+ modular PSU and a full height CPU cooler inside of it, all at the same time.

The SG09 is quite big to be honest. Not generally speaking of course but for my particular bag it would be less ideal. Something a bit "flatter" would be better. I.e. The Node 202 which SCGazelle suggested has a really good over all shape.

14 minutes ago, Cheesus182 said:

The SG09 is quite big to be honest. Not generally speaking of course but for my particular bag it would be less ideal. Something a bit "flatter" would be better. I.e. The Node 202 which SCGazelle suggested has a really good over all shape.

Oh yes, the Sugo SG09 is quite a fat case indeed, i know you can fit it in a duffel bag, but i'm sure that wouldn't be ideal, it takes up too much space. 

You could take a look at the CM Elite 110 as well, but i doubt that would fit a full size 1080.

I think SCGazelle is right, the Node 202 is one of the better contenders in this case scenario.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

There's also the Silverstone Raven RVZ02B, its a really nice case as well...

26 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

There's also the Silverstone Raven RVZ02B, its a really nice case as well...

It's ML08 but with more aggressive look

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

It's ML08 but with more aggressive look

Yup, same thing.

Do their prices differ much? I wasn't aware of the ML08, i like it a big better than the Raven, very understated.

Just now, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Yup, same thing.

Do their prices differ much? I wasn't aware of the ML08, i like it a big better than the Raven, very understated.

Not much

Raven has a better look IMO

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

The Raven RVZO2B is a really nice looking case actually. I think that and the Node 2 are probably the nicest ones I've seen around. 

I really appreciate the suggestions!