Stuck in a boot loop

So I was happily setting up my new build and then windows froze. I couldn't open task manager or anything, not even a blue screen.

All I had done was install a new browser, update the bios to F5 using the @BIOS utility that gigabyte offer and start installing programs, that was all fine. A few restarts later the freeze happened. When I turn the PC on it posts as normal tries to get to windows then restarts and eventually remains on with a black screen.

Sometimes it does a drive check sometimes it says 'prepare automatic repair'. This is my third build and I've never come across this before. I tried inserting the windows installation drive but the boot cycle occurs again. I have tried one RAM stick and it makes no difference. The code on the debug display is 24 which is not covered in the manual.

If no drives or usb devices are plugged in it takes me to the BIOS like it should.

Any ideas whats happening here and how I should proceed?

Specs:

CPU: R5 1600X @ stock

MoBo: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 @ 2133

GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 240GB

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5     CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X       Cooler: Corsair H115i with Noctua NF-A14 Fans     GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970 Gaming 4G

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair LED 3200         Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Black Enterprise

PSU: Corsair RM750i           Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG in Grey

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Did you update the BIOS in windows? Cuz that's bad :P

So the fact I can still get into the bios is good because i can flash it properly?

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5     CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X       Cooler: Corsair H115i with Noctua NF-A14 Fans     GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970 Gaming 4G

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair LED 3200         Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Black Enterprise

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Did you update the BIOS in windows? Cuz that's bad :P

And yes I did. So shame on me I guess.

4 minutes ago, jonny13569 said:

So the fact I can still get into the bios is good because i can flash it properly?

ALWAYS flash in the BIOS. If you do it in windows and the PC restarts, crashes or shutdown for any reason then you got yourself a bricked mobo.

Luckily that doesn't appear to be the case here. Still flash the latest BIOS in the BIOS directly and load optimised defaults. Then have another ago, 3rd step and optional: do another clean install of win10. Just to wipe the slate completely clean.

Also dw about Q codes 24, 30 or 40 they are all fine.

37 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

ALWAYS flash in the BIOS. If you do it in windows and the PC restarts, crashes or shutdown for any reason then you got yourself a bricked mobo.

Luckily that doesn't appear to be the case here. Still flash the latest BIOS in the BIOS directly and load optimised defaults. Then have another ago, 3rd step and optional: do another clean install of win10. Just to wipe the slate completely clean.

Nope didn't work. Still can't get into my boot drive. The loop keeps happening. Should I flash back to the BIOS that worked?

54 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

OK flashing back to the F4 BIOS didn't work either. Still looping. I have noticed that the CPU and RAM error lights alternate? Have I done something really bad?

13 hours ago, jonny13569 said:

OK flashing back to the F4 BIOS didn't work either. Still looping. I have noticed that the CPU and RAM error lights alternate? Have I done something really bad?

does it boot in safe mode?

14 hours ago, jonny13569 said:

34 minutes ago, vaiwalker said:

does it boot in safe mode?

Try this next from the BIOS force safe mode