Looking for a sound mixer.

UnTraxxas
Go to solution Solved by G27Racer_188,
2 minutes ago, UnTraxxas said:

It just reads it as a microphone and I cant change anything with it.

I just tried it with my phone and it worked, after steps below:

Try right clicking on the volume thingy in the bottom right and select recording devices.

Select line in and hit properties.

Switch to tab "listen", and tic the box "Listen to this device"

Hit OK in both windows. You should be able to hear sounds from your phone now.

I am not sure exactly what its called but basically I am looking for something that I can plug in both my computer and phone into via 3.5mm AUX cables and then it will play both simultaneously to my headphones, if you don't understand what I am talking about I created a diagram explaining it. The reason I want this is because I like to watch youtube and game at the same time but like to hear both sounds. If you have any ideas please let me know. I am currently looking to replace my astro a40's. Thank you!

MixEX.png

If you connect your phone to your computer with Bluetooth you will hear the sounds from your ohone(at least in fedora). I'd try that first.  

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you connect your phone to your computer with Bluetooth you will hear the sounds from your ohone(at least in fedora). I'd try that first.  

Could you explain more? I am currently using an Iphone and windows 10

27 minutes ago, UnTraxxas said:

I am not sure exactly what its called but basically I am looking for something that I can plug in both my computer and phone into via 3.5mm AUX cables and then it will play both simultaneously to my headphones, if you don't understand what I am talking about I created a diagram explaining it. The reason I want this is because I like to watch youtube and game at the same time but like to hear both sounds. If you have any ideas please let me know. I am currently looking to replace my astro a40's. Thank you!

Maybe try to plug your phone into Line In port (blue color) on your pc and than add it to the output in sound settings in windows.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

3 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

Maybe try to plug your phone into Line In port (blue color) on your pc and than add it to the output in sound settings in windows.

Ok I may have found a way to do it but to be on the safe side I am going to post it here and let you guys tell me if it will work. 

If i get 2 of these and this do you guys think it will work for what I am doing?

2 minutes ago, UnTraxxas said:

Try right clicking on the volume thingy in the bottom right and select recording devices.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

2 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

THANKS! I got it to work and I will save $50-$60!  

Just now, UnTraxxas said:

THANKS! I got it to work and I will save $50-$60!  

Glad to help, and save some money.