only 2 of 3 screens are detected

Sauron

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my monitors. Every time I update radeon software, my eyefinity setup gets screwed up - so I tried remaking it but I must have clicked something wrong because I got a black screen and was unable to recover. I reinstalled the driver after going through safe mode, but now I have another problem - it doesn't detect all monitors.

I was only able to make it detect 2 at a time and only one if all 3 are plugged in. I don't know what could possibly be causing this. I tried different combinations of plugging and unplugging them into the gpu but no luck. If all 3 are plugged in, only the philips 1080p monitor is detected (which is using a dp to dvi adapter). Any combination of 2 monitors works fine.

Thanks for any insight

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Can't say I have the same exact issue, my third screen is detected, but often displays garbage or nothing at all, which is most likely to while being detected it isn't being detected correctly. To solve it for me, I need to have all screens on at power up, and disable any sleep mode on the screens, this may or may not work for you though.

Just now, Zorbeltuss said:

Can't say I have the same exact issue, my third screen is detected, but often displays garbage or nothing at all, which is most likely to while being detected it isn't being detected correctly. To solve it for me, I need to have all screens on at power up, and disable any sleep mode on the screens, this may or may not work for you though.

It used to work just fine up until today, which makes this all the more frustrating

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I know the feeling :( most of the time it works fine for me too, but some days it just won't work at all which is why I figured a way to deal with it.

Edit: just saw that it was a Philips screen that worked for you, well, for me it is my two Phillips screens that work, but mine are native dp.