My computer is stuck in updating system (0%)

Leo sten

When i start My computer it says system updating. Yesterday i pressed update and shut down the computer and when i started the computer in the morning it Said (system updating) and is stuck. The loading screen have the logo on it, a circle that loads and system updating (0%). I have waited around 1hour but stills says (0%). This problem has ocurred before the same Way and the way i solved it before was that i restarted the whole computer so it was like new and som files was saved but most of them were deleted.

I have Windows 8.1

Hey this might help if not reply please Also i messed up posting so its the next one

Step (1): First of all, you have to open Run dialog box. In order to open the Run window, you have to press Windows + R keys together. Once the Run dialog box is opened, type services.msc and press Enter.

Step (2): Just after pressing Enter button, Services window will appear. You will see all the services which are installed on your system in alphabetical order . Now you need to scroll down and find Windows update service from here. Right click on Windows update service and Stop it.

Step (3): Now you need to go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution location on your Windows PC. Once you are in Software Distribution the folder you will see many files. All these files are the update files which were downloaded but were not installed. These files might be incomplete downloads which will lead to windows update stuck at 0% error. Delete all these files.

Step (4): Now you have to go to the Services window again and then Start the Windows update service by right clicking on it. 

This will start updating your Windows operating system and now you will not get any Windows update error like this.

if this doesnt work please reply

On 2017-05-06 at 2:54 PM, Raurath said:

Step (1): First of all, you have to open Run dialog box. In order to open the Run window, you have to press Windows + R keys together. Once the Run dialog box is opened, type services.msc and press Enter.

Step (2): Just after pressing Enter button, Services window will appear. You will see all the services which are installed on your system in alphabetical order . Now you need to scroll down and find Windows update service from here. Right click on Windows update service and Stop it.

Step (3): Now you need to go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution location on your Windows PC. Once you are in Software Distribution the folder you will see many files. All these files are the update files which were downloaded but were not installed. These files might be incomplete downloads which will lead to windows update stuck at 0% error. Delete all these files.

Step (4): Now you have to go to the Services window again and then Start the Windows update service by right clicking on it. 

This will start updating your Windows operating system and now you will not get any Windows update error like this.

if this doesnt work please reply

I'm sorry i think i have been unclear with what i Said before. when i start the computer it says updating system (0%) and about 20-30 minutes later it goes to black screen and i can't do anything to get out of the black screen and if i force shut down My computer IT says preparing for automatic reparation. When i get there i have 2 options restart the computer or advanced options. If i go to options i will get 4 

1:continue which will get me to the update again

2:Use a device under IT says use a USB device networkconnection or reparation dvd for windows

3:search for wrongs under IT says reset computer without deleting files or reset the whole computer or use advanced tools

4:shut down computer

Sorry for My bad english and you think i may need to reset the computer again? As i Said this has happened before

@Raurath

You might have a bad ISO Or disk , How are you installing windows 8.1?

On 2017-05-06 at 3:37 PM, Raurath said:

You might have a bad ISO Or disk , How are you installing windows 8.1?

What do you mean by How are you installing windows? And maybe

@Raurath

Are you installing it with a usb Or disk.

On 2017-05-06 at 3:39 PM, Raurath said:

Are you installing it with a usb Or disk.

I'm installing the update with a disk

are you upgrading from windows 8?

On 2017-05-06 at 3:41 PM, Raurath said:

are you upgrading from windows 8?

No it was just an update that Came up When i shut down the computer. Like IT Said update and shut down

Oh ok .  that makes it a little bit better to understand. so you cannot get back to the desktop ?

1 minute ago, Leo sten said:

No it was just an update that Came up When i shut down the computer

On 2017-05-06 at 3:44 PM, Raurath said:

Oh ok .  that makes it a little bit better to understand. so you cannot get back to the desktop ?

Yes

5 minutes ago, Leo sten said:

Yes

Can you do a system restore from the repair menu ? Or can you boot in safe mode?

On 2017-05-06 at 3:48 PM, Raurath said:

Can you do a system restore from the repair menu ?

IT Is systemreset basiclly under It says i reset IT to a point that was made on the computer?

yes 

I believe so by what you are telling me.

On 2017-05-06 at 3:55 PM, Raurath said:

yes 

I believe so by what you are telling me.

I have Done that now and it has gone pass the update and is working now really preciate it. Ty so much

The thread was moved to the Troubleshooting section.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !