Alley Rig

So I found an old Albatron px965 ver2.0 not too long ago with a q9450 and 8gb of ram. I was planning to turn it into a low/midrange system but can't seem to get it to hook to a monitor or my television. The graphics aren't the issue, so please don't hate too much (alittle is ok) that is being replaced with an old gtx970 I have in the closet that I'm not using anymore.

IMG_20170503_161149[1].jpg

Use a DVI-I to VGA adapter abd please dont brute force your way through the I/O ports. YOU WILL BREAK SOMETHING.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B000067SOH 

$3  

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Just now, Vegan_TREX said:

Its serial port not a VGA. I don't believe they're compatible.

on the gpu?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

on the gpu?

The gpu isn't the issue it's the motherboard. The gpu is being replaced with my extra gtx970

Hot damn, a parallel port, ages since I've seen that!

aristocat.JPG.0262f4f4d8af621c656cabf2e7abd860.JPG

Not sure what you want with this topic though. What do you mean you can't hook it up? You don't have a DVI cable? You have a spare GTX 970 so what's the problem exactly?

Does you mum know you're here?

1 minute ago, VVoltor said:

Hot damn, a parallel port, ages since I've seen that!

aristocat.JPG.0262f4f4d8af621c656cabf2e7abd860.JPG

Not sure what you want with this topic though. What do you mean you can't hook it up? You don't have a DVI cable? You have a spare GTX 970 so what's the problem exactly?

I've only used VGA, DVI, HDMI and display ports. No idea how to output an image with these ports. Just looking to be educated.

I've only used VGA, DVI, HDMI and display ports. No idea how to output an image with these ports. Just looking to be educated.

THE MOTHERBOARD HAS NO DISPLAY OUTS FOR GODS SAKE. USE THAT GPU FOR NOW.

Build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Vegan_TREX said:

There's two DVI-I ports?

3 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

There's two DVI-I ports?

On the gpu, not the motherboard.

Sorry dude, I still don't understand what the problem is...

The motherboard doesn't have onboard video, so why not use the GPU that's installed or that GTX 970?

Also, I'd be very wary of the PSU in that thing. It's probably a cheap no-brand model, and just look at the dust, how the PSU bracket is pretty much ruined, and is that brown smudge just a stain or a burn mark?

3 minutes ago, Vegan_TREX said:

no display connectors on the motherboard

Build

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

Sorry dude, I still don't understand what the problem is...

The motherboard doesn't have onboard video, so why not use the GPU that's installed or that GTX 970?

Also, I'd be very wary of the PSU in that thing. It's probably a cheap no-brand model, and just look at the dust, how the PSU bracket is pretty much ruined, and is that brown smudge just a stain or a burn mark?

I noticed the power supply, its being replaced. The GPU works as video output for the MB/CPU?

2 minutes ago, Vegan_TREX said:

I noticed the power supply, its being replaced. The GPU works as video output for the MB/CPU?

Yes, it's a video card. A video card connects to the motherboard of a computer system and generates output images to display.

4 minutes ago, Vegan_TREX said:

yes

Build

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

Yes, it's a video card. A video card connects to the motherboard of a computer system and generates output images to display.

ya, okay, thanks , I already knew that, just wasn't thinking apparently, its been done.