ONKYO TX-NR656

Okay I have been looking around but I can't find a definitive answer does this receiver have HDR 10 and what version of HDMI does it have I know it says 2.0 but is it 2.0a or 2.0b on the website spec forms it just says HDR HDMI 2.0. 

13 minutes ago, ThePotatoMan1248 said:

Okay I have been looking around but I can't find a definitive answer does this receiver have HDR 10 and what version of HDMI does it have I know it says 2.0 but is it 2.0a or 2.0b on the website spec forms it just says HDR HDMI 2.0. 

Receivers won't have inherent HDR support. All HDR information will be passed from the source to the output device. HDMI 2.0b came out in 2016, and this particular Onkyo receiver was released in 2015. So the best is HDMI 2.0a.

Note this receiver only has 3 HDCP 2.2 inputs. The remaining inputs may delivery 4k content, but it will only be at 30 fps max without HDR. HDR and 4k60Hz requires HDCP 2.2.

Ok so like could I use like 4k blu ray with a 4k hdr tv and do that through the receiver?

11 hours ago, ThePotatoMan1248 said:

Ok so like could I use like 4k blu ray with a 4k hdr tv and do that through the receiver?

Technically, yes. Unfortunately HDR is very fickle. I can't verify HDR is working on my brand new Smart TV when using built-in apps. I can't really promise or guarantee anything.