My college just sent me my need to buy list. HELP!

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

A lot of the software's won't run on non validated hardware, so often it's not worth the headaches to buy consumer stuff, I have an i7 4710HQ and GTX 860m (Maxwell), they're pretty lack luster really. 

what software? cause if its not AutoCAD than you going on about a point thats not reverent. .. cause a i7 and a geforce card is pretty standard. 

well guess your definition of lack luster and his is pretty different since he's making damn good money and happy as can be with it. Lucky prick is picking up his new M4 on friday so again.. different definitions of lack luster. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

55 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

what software? cause if its not AutoCAD than you going on about a point thats not reverent. .. cause a i7 and a geforce card is pretty standard. 

well guess your definition of lack luster and his is pretty different since he's making damn good money and happy as can be with it. Lucky prick is picking up his new M4 on friday so again.. different definitions of lack luster. 

I was referring the power, there is a kepler and Maxwell version but both are pretty under whelming compared to current offerings. You are very very very vague, thanks for not much info though. Solidworks for example will not use a GeForce card for a lot of the operations, it flat out refuses as the cards are not validated. 

Yours faithfully

On 5/2/2017 at 8:35 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I suspect you'll only find a dedicated GPU in gaming laptops, and workstation laptops.  Did they not tell you which one to look into specifically?  I would assume a workstation laptop would make more sense, given your description of intended purpose.

They gave me no buy list or any suggestions. Just the specs and not apple.

A smile goes much farther than the person it's meant for.

First impressions are important, it sets the stage for respect.

"If you don't know every word you don't know it!"- SGM McCray

On 2017-5-2 at 10:08 PM, Not_Sean said:

AutoCAD

AutoCAD runs GeForce cards fine. It's the high level function Solidworks that fucks up all the GeForce cards. Titan xp can't keep up with beginner quadro. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p