Noob needs a quick answer

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

The Asus one has m.2 connector, which the other board doesn't have.

The Gigabyte one would be good if you don't care about m.2 connectors

That's pretty much the only difference. Considering the market segment of the boards, I suspect you'd probably be just fine with the cheaper Gigabyte board, if the price difference between these boards matters to you, you're not going to buy a m.2 ssd drive that would use that connector to the best of its ability so it would be just wasted money

edited my post... the boards have pretty much the same vrm, i didn't check the pictures thoroughly and thought the asus one had better vrm but now i think it's about the same.

Which one is better Asus prime b250m-k or gigabyte b250m-d2v

asus is cheaper option. thank u im in a hurry 

check out how many fan headers and thing like that it has m.2 lanes and so on honestly as long as u have enough usb ports at 3.0 or 3.1 for your headset and kbm its fine at that point i go for looks ngl 

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

3 minutes ago, CatXice said:

check out how many fan headers and thing like that it has m.2 lanes and so on honestly as long as u have enough usb ports at 3.0 or 3.1 for your headset and kbm its fine at that point i go for looks ngl 

from what i see they both have one

Just now, BenasBr said:

from what i see they both have one

i just looked there litterally the same as far as i can see colour and every thing get the cheaper 1

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

The Asus one has m.2 connector, which the other board doesn't have.

The Gigabyte one would be good if you don't care about m.2 connectors

That's pretty much the only difference. Considering the market segment of the boards, I suspect you'd probably be just fine with the cheaper Gigabyte board, if the price difference between these boards matters to you, you're not going to buy a m.2 ssd drive that would use that connector to the best of its ability so it would be just wasted money

edited my post... the boards have pretty much the same vrm, i didn't check the pictures thoroughly and thought the asus one had better vrm but now i think it's about the same.

Just now, mariushm said:

The Asus one would be slightly better for overclocking (if it's even possible with that chipset) or at least give a more smooth / stable voltage to the cpu (because of the higher number of phases in the vrm) and it has m.2 connector, which the other board doesn't have.

The Gigabyte one would be good if you think you're going to be fine if you don't care about overclocking and you're going to use a cpu with tdp lower than 95w and if you don't care about m.2 connectors

The Asus is cheaper not gigabyte

I edited my post and corrected some of my initial assumptions.

Still, I would go with the Gigabyte one strictly for the color scheme (less "noise", cleaner look)  and because it doesn't have that big gap in the back panel between the usb connectors. Something like that would sort of annoy me for a long time.

later edit: Another + for the Gigabyte would be the sata connectors all grouped together in one place. I wouldn't like to have to spread my sata cables all over the board like would happen on the Asus board.. would suck for wire management, esthethics. The Gigabyte one looks cleaner at that department.

I went with ASUS cause it seems better, but gigabyte looked very good

EDIT: I hope i didn't make a mistake cause im very messy