Monitors

JWKelly99

What would be better? 1 29 inch monitor or 2 25inch monitors? There both ultra wide. I have a MacBook air 2015 with 4 gb of ram and 1.6GHz i5 would it run smoothly with 2 monitors?

Once you go dual monitors, you never look back!

Current Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k

RTX 3060ti

32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000MHz DDR4

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming ATX

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair H55

1TB Seagate SSHD

4TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB Hitachi HDD

256GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

BeQuiet Silent Base 800

---------

Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Corsair K70 Lux RGB

Roccat Taito

Xbone Controller

Logitec Z333

Samsung SyncMaster SA10

LG Ultrawide 25"

Since it's a laptop I would go for the 29 inch. 

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

1 minute ago, LUUD18 said:

Since it's a laptop I would go for the 29 inch. 

Thanks

Also be aware of the connections. I think macbook air only has thunderbolt 2.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

1 minute ago, LUUD18 said:

Also be aware of the connections. I think macbook air only has thunderbolt 2.

Mines got 1. there is a way i can get an adapter and run two HDMi on it cause its thunderbolt 2

Just now, JWKelly99 said:

Mines got 1. there is a way i can get an adapter and run two HDMi on it cause its thunderbolt 2

Make sure to double check it. Adapter don't always work (especially if you have screens bigger then 1080p or more then 60hz).

You might not need ultrawide for the second monitor. It's nice to have but you might be able to save some money there. But again, it's a usage case type of thing...more screen real-estate might be good for you, especially if you want to run two open browsers or applications side by side on one monitor.

If there's a chance you might be using them for a 3 monitor setup with a PC sometime in the future it might be worth sticking with matching monitors to add a third matching monitor in the future, but if that's the case ultra-wide might not be what you're looking for, unless you're going to run them side by side in portrait.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

2 minutes ago, LUUD18 said:

Make sure to double check it. Adapter don't always work (especially if you have screens bigger then 1080p or more then 60hz).

The ones I'm looking at are LG and there only 1080p. Don't wanna spend like £700 on a monitor 

2 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

You might not need ultrawide for the second monitor. It's nice to have but you might be able to save some money there. But again, it's a usage case type of thing...more screen real-estate might be good for you, especially if you want to run two open browsers side by side on one monitor.

If there's a chance you might be using it for a 3 monitor setup with a PC sometime in the future it might be worth sticking with matching monitors to add a third matching monitor in the future, but if that's the case ultra-wide might not  be what you're looking for, unless you're going to run them side by side in portrait.

The 2 monitors are the same price as getting 1 of the others

1 minute ago, JWKelly99 said:

The 2 monitors are the same price as getting 1 of the others

I'd say if that's the most important metric then go with either, but having a second monitor is really really helpful, I run two and I'd never want to go back to just one. Second monitors are extremely handy.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

The thread was moved to the Displays section.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !