lets see your delidded temps.

i recently delidded my i7 4790k, and applied liquid pro to the die and also to the ihs, ive just installed my cooler into the front as an intake rather than an exhaust as it was and max temps in prime95 are only 45c.

as an exhaust it was around 50c.

I recently delidded my 7700k, and saw around 10-13C difference in stress test temperatures at 5.0ghz at around 1.344v. I went from averaging 90C and peaking at 98C (I wasn't looking at the time otherwise I would have stopped the test immediately) to averaging 78 and peaking at like 85C. 

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in those results considering im on an AIO and not on air, however not running above 85C at full stress test load (so way more than a "real" load) is a good thing I suppose. I was really hoping to see like 65-70C. 

There's no way I'm going to retry the delid though (on this specific chip, not in general). I had to reglue the IHS multiple times, and it got REALLY messy, and I don't want to add any more glue residue than there already is. There was a good chunk of time where I thought this cpu was never going to post again due to having some glue gunk on the LGA connections underneath. The fact that I still have a working CPU with a decent if not amazing temp decrease means I'm leaving it alone. 

for the record, it was my first time delidding, and the glue part was only like 90% my fault. Overall I didn't think it was hard at all, it just snowballed a bit after 1 mistake in the re-lidding process. I wouldn't hesitate to delid again on a new cpu if it needed it, since having done it once I can avoid that first mistake that snowballed into a 5 hour "i'm pretty sure I just bricked my cpu" panic spree.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv