offset oc

Go to solution Solved by NotTayyeb,

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think offset voltage mode will increase the voltage a bit beyond what you set it to - so like if you set 1.250 volts in offset mode it might run at 1.255 - so that wouldn't really lower your temperatures....

I think what you might be referring to is adaptive voltage mode, adaptive mode decreases the voltage when the system is idling or under low use case scenarios, thus lowering your idle temps.... If it is adaptive mode you're after, just set an overclock like normal using manual voltage mode, and when you've found your stable OC, switch the mode to adaptive mode

can someone help me with offset oc with a msi z270 sli pro and i7-7700k (im new and want to learn how)

Thanks,

Christian

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

What do you mean by offset overclock? Do you want to find an offset voltage for an overclock you are already running?

Overclock your CPU normally first, with manual voltage, then play with offset or adaptive voltage modes once you've found your stable oc

13 hours ago, NotTayyeb said:

What do you mean by offset overclock? Do you want to find an offset voltage for an overclock you are already running?

Overclock your CPU normally first, with manual voltage, then play with offset or adaptive voltage modes once you've found your stable oc

meaning to lower temperatures 

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think offset voltage mode will increase the voltage a bit beyond what you set it to - so like if you set 1.250 volts in offset mode it might run at 1.255 - so that wouldn't really lower your temperatures....

I think what you might be referring to is adaptive voltage mode, adaptive mode decreases the voltage when the system is idling or under low use case scenarios, thus lowering your idle temps.... If it is adaptive mode you're after, just set an overclock like normal using manual voltage mode, and when you've found your stable OC, switch the mode to adaptive mode