What radiator thickness warrants push-pull?

What rad thickness would one start seeing real benefits in using push pull? At what point between 30mm and 80mm would performance increase be significant as opposed to just pull or push? I plan on using SP120 quiet editions (possibly other quiet fans [ap121], but probably these due mainly to looks and corsair branding consistency throughout my build) running at low voltage and alphacool nexxxos rads (fairly low fin density if my info is accurate). Thanks for any advice/knowledge you can give me.

Probably anything above 40mm odd. From memory the H80i sees ~5degreesC difference in push pull.

Personally I would mount Noctuas to the TOP of you case and mount rad to the bottom of the Noctuas so that they are running in pull, are dead silent, and you don't see them. I have them and they are dead silent (way quieter than the SP120). I don't have experience with ap121s so I don't know how those stack up but they are probably close to Gelid wings. Which I would say are a notch lower than noctuas by look great.

Most tests at Skineelabs and Martin's show about 1-2 difference, up to about 40-50mm. 2-3 degree at about 60mm. Now, 80mm rads are a new beasts. Using top quality static pressure fans in push/pull on a 80mm can gain you 5 degree or so...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

thank you very much for this topic; I don't watercool, but this is still one of my 'want to know' things that i'm too lazy to actually ask about.

can we get examples of radiators at given thickness points? h100/i/h110 are 27mm? h80/i are 40-50?